Changes to length of Holds

Pylon

10 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

I agree, the normal hold is 3 days, but TAs can sometimes extend for a couple more days. That’s what happened with our booking. 

Depends on the sailing and the flexibility of the cruise line. To have holds extended means a call to the Support Center to request the extension. 9 times out of 10 they will be granted the extension but there are times when that's not possible for whatever reason. 3 days should be more than enough time to make a decision on whether to book. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

AFAIK, all airlines in North America (at least) give 24 hrs from time of ticketing to cancel with refund and no penalty.

Also hotels, car rentals, many excursion companies will allow you to hold for extended periods of time.  Princess is just becoming annoying with many of the petty changes they are making now due to new management.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CruisingWalter said:

Depends on the sailing and the flexibility of the cruise line. To have holds extended means a call to the Support Center to request the extension. 9 times out of 10 they will be granted the extension but there are times when that's not possible for whatever reason. 3 days should be more than enough time to make a decision on whether to book. 

Our TA got us 5 days just using Polar Online. No call necessary for this cruise (in December). Sometimes it’s not just a matter of making a decision, it’s waiting for a credit card cut off date to push paying off the cruise out another month. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

AFAIK, all airlines in North America (at least) give 24 hrs from time of ticketing to cancel with refund and no penalty.

Yes, by US  law the airlines must allow one to cancel within 24 hours for a full refund.   Of course they all act like it's something they thought up themselves to be nice 😄

Given the "24 hour full refund" law, most (all?) airlines realized it's cheaper for them to allow a 24 hour hold than to force a book-then-cancel situation.

Mary

• Like 4

On 10/2/2023 at 3:40 PM, mrsihopes said:

I was just going to ask about the hold, wanted to put one on hold today and saw no option to do that, only make deposit.    Wondering what is going on.   

That happened to me yesterday. I was trying to put a hold on a booking and there wasn’t the option to do so. 

Princess has made recent changes that I really dislike.  I am very loyal to my Princess rep.........he gives me amazing service.  I was looking at a New England cruise this morning and went through the entire process until there was no hold button.  I always like looking at the rooms available, putting one on hold and then letting my rep finish up the process.  He gets the credit, marks my room "meta upgrade only" and everyone is happy. 

• Like 1