The Retreat on Encore

jawlaw

Has anyone ever pre booked the retreat and managed to have the cost refunded and swapped to use on board credit on board?   I know this works for excursions. I’ve booked for the entire cruise, straight after booking the cruise, and now find myself with more OBC than I anticipated.   Thank you. 

2 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Has anyone ever pre booked the retreat and managed to have the cost refunded and swapped to use on board credit on board?   I know this works for excursions. I’ve booked for the entire cruise, straight after booking the cruise, and now find myself with more OBC than I anticipated.   Thank you. 

I booked the Retreat online for full cruise last year having forgot about my OBC. My travel agent contacted Seabourn and they refunded it to my credit card.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Isr45 said:

I booked the Retreat online for full cruise last year having forgot about my OBC. My travel agent contacted Seabourn and they refunded it to my credit card.

same, booked entire two weeks ( it was awesome by the way) i was refunded when my obc was applied. And then 700 spa credit was applied at 50$ x 14 days on 1st day of cruise.

Edited by chuckncole
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, chuckncole said:

same, booked entire two weeks ( it was awesome by the way) i was refunded when my obc was applied. And then 700 spa credit was applied at 50$ x 14 days on 1st day of cruise.

@chuckncoleFantastic.  Presume you sorted this at Seabourn square?  When were you there? What was the champagne?  Is the champagne by the glass there also premium, in addition to the full bottle, which I understand you can use elsewhere?  Thank you 

2 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

@chuckncoleFantastic.  Presume you sorted this at Seabourn square?  When were you there? What was the champagne?  Is the champagne by the glass there also premium, in addition to the full bottle, which I understand you can use elsewhere?  Thank you 

We were last onboard in January but there are changes in the champagne - once was purely that they ran out of stock - to be fair they enhanced the champagne usually provided.

I have read before that people say they can take the Champagne elsewhere ( we do full cruise Retreat every time). Twice I have seen someone ask to take the champagne and been told no it is for consuming in the Retreat. In January I saw someone put the bottle in their bag and they came over to say couldn’t do that. That one resulted in a semi heated argument where the Hotel Director was called who specifically stated the champagne was for consumption in the Retreat.

I am not saying it has not been done but am saying you can be told no 😀

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Isr45 said:

We were last onboard in January but there are changes in the champagne - once was purely that they ran out of stock - to be fair they enhanced the champagne usually provided.

I have read before that people say they can take the Champagne elsewhere ( we do full cruise Retreat every time). Twice I have seen someone ask to take the champagne and been told no it is for consuming in the Retreat. In January I saw someone put the bottle in their bag and they came over to say couldn’t do that. That one resulted in a semi heated argument where the Hotel Director was called who specifically stated the champagne was for consumption in the Retreat.

Wow!

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, galeforce9 said:

Feb 3-17 Champs iin The Retreat was Bollinger. You know,  I do not recall what they poured by the glass as we always took our unopened bottle to our room.  I loved  the Sandhi Santa Rita Hills Chardonnay they poured freely.  so that was my go to. ( 70$ a bottle elsewhere on the ship.) I often drank  Casamigos passionfruit margaritas, They  knew it was my preference and daily got the fresh passionfruit and brought it up to The Retreat. They were awesome!! Junior, Lezme and Nelson brought their A game! 

We return to the Encore in October- Istanbul to Athens and will definitely book The Retreat  FOR the entire time. 

I will say that we had an incredibly relaxing voyage, never having to search for lounge chairs, we had plenty of Shade. our cabana and lounge chairs were ALWAYS waiting for us. My husband and I later recalled that we met less people than usual. Perhaps because we were traveling with a group od 8  family and friend and we were up in the Retreat  most of the time  that we were on the ship.....It was a LOVELY private Oasis!

Edited by chuckncole
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 5/10/2024 at 6:32 AM, Isr45 said:

By the glass is the champagne you get anywhere on the street, not Moët nor Bolinger.  I have taken the bottle with me, sent to my room and sent to restaurants 

i

• Thanks 1

On 5/10/2024 at 3:32 AM, Isr45 said:

Actually on Encore they asked where we were having Dinner and offered to send our unopened bottle  we did not drink from our Cabana to our Dinner Restaurant. I noticed if we did not open the bottle after a few days or declined them sending it to our dinner , they stopped having it in an ice bucket in our Cabana each day. I followed up on it and made sure it WAS available each day when ever we wanted. once they sent us 2 as we did not drink it the day before. That was in February on the Encore.

• Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...