Buying experience more package through customer services

Werangels

I have just rang customer services to purchase an Experience More Indulgence package but have been told I can’t use the OBC within it to book excursions until we are on board.  I thought you could book when you bought it?  I seem to recall in another post Grandma had done this quite recently?  I was also told that if I waited to buy this until we are onboard that I would get loyalty discount on it which I don’t think you do?

So frustrating…... 

Frustrating yes. When it comes to on shore IT service one hand is clueless as to what the left foot is doing. I would call back, the chance of your getting the same rep is slim, and you may get a different answer. Or a confirmation of the initial info. Best of luck, we all are going to need it! (We sail B2B first week of November.)

• Like 1

I don’t think you get loyalty discounts on the Experience More packages. You can certainly buy them before you board and use, you just have to pay for them by CC. After you buy them, you can book excursions using the OBC associated with whatever package you buy.

I think I am correct about all of the above!

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

I don’t think you get loyalty discounts on the Experience More packages. You can certainly buy them before you board and use, you just have to pay for them by CC. After you buy them, you can book excursions using the OBC associated with whatever package you buy.

I think I am correct about all of the above!

I agree with this assessment. I purchased the Ultimate Package for a cruise we have coming up in November with my credit card. I was able to immediately use the $700 Shore Ex OBC from the package, plus $300 OBC already on the booking, to buy shore excursions totaling $1003. I settled the additional $3 on my cc. 

• Like 4

On 10/5/2023 at 7:58 AM, tiggertom said:

We have used the Experience More OBC for our excursions for our cruise in November. 

Did you telephone customer services to do this please?  Did you purchase the experience more package?  Thanks. 

6 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Did you telephone customer services to do this please?  Did you purchase the experience more package?  Thanks. 

No, I did it online. It was before the website changed. I got the Experience More package as an early booking incentive.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

We were told the same thing after purchasing the "indulgence" package.

Strangely the same rep told us that we could use the onboard credit from the "experience" package we were gifted as an early booking bonus to book excursions in advance.  I remain confused by Azamara's communications overall.  

I guess we will just go with the flow and see what happens.