Quantum Hawaii repositioning

We’ve done it twice. Once many years ago when it had to stop in Mexico for the foreign port stuff, and they bussed us back to San Diego. I don’t think it was advertised as a repo cruise though. Again this was very long time ago and for us it was 7 day cruise to all the islands. It was fabulous. We got to go into Volcano National Park, which you can’t do now

Then in 2019 we did it this time to Vancouver. Again, we did a 7 night around the islands, all of them and although they no longer let you in the park, we still got plenty of volcanic stuff in the tour. And got to go to Lahaina and do the best Luau with over 100 other passengers. I’m sure that’s gone too.The sea days back to Vancouver were fine, although it got chilly as we got closer.

we won’t do another Hawaii cruise because it’s not what it was in the past. It’s not 7 days of all the islands, and now that Lahaina won’t be a stop for a long time, it’s not worth it to us. I don’t k ow if you just asked because you wanted to get to Vancouver, but if it’s to see Hawaii….then I won’t do it.

On 10/4/2023 at 12:54 PM, bluebelt said:

I wanted to see if anyone has done a Hawaii repositioning cruise and if you would do it again?  I am looking at quantum’s repositioning in Apr 24 from Honolulu to Vancouver.  How would you say the weather at sea is (cold/indoor weather or pool weather)…I know this can vary…just looking for perspective.  I tried looking on the Hawaii boards but didn’t see what I was looking for.  Thank you!!!

We cruised the opposite direction in September a few years back. Weather was chilly until we got a few days away from Vancouver. 

27 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

We paid $349 years ago. It was well worth it.

Yes you got what you wanted, and I applaud you. An inside cabin with that horrible itinerary IMHO is not for us. BTW we have done Honolulu to Vancouver twice, before RCI neutered the cruise.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We did the other direction on Quantum last fall from Vancouver to Honolulu and loved it.  The Quantum has lots to do and the solarium and Two70 are great places to hang out in cooler weather.  We had rain and cool temps until 2 days out from Hawaii so pool deck time was limited.  We also had rolling seas but not really rough and my scopolamine patch took care of that.  We loved the 5 sea days and the chance to really enjoy the ship at a more relaxed pace.  It felt crazy to have the dance parties and shows in the middle of nowhere.  We were never bored but we are easily entertained and enjoy relaxing.  We had an overnight in Maui and another overnight in Honolulu before disembarking so felt we had good time in Hawaii.  Then we just hopped a cheap flight to Kauai for a few days at the end which you could do prior to your cruise if you want more tropical time.  We are hoping to take that cruise again in a few years.  Have fun if you decide to go!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Laurie JJ said:

We did the other direction on Quantum last fall from Vancouver to Honolulu and loved it.  The Quantum has lots to do and the solarium and Two70 are great places to hang out in cooler weather.  We had rain and cool temps until 2 days out from Hawaii so pool deck time was limited.  We also had rolling seas but not really rough and my scopolamine patch took care of that.  We loved the 5 sea days and the chance to really enjoy the ship at a more relaxed pace.  It felt crazy to have the dance parties and shows in the middle of nowhere.  We were never bored but we are easily entertained and enjoy relaxing.  We had an overnight in Maui and another overnight in Honolulu before disembarking so felt we had good time in Hawaii.  Then we just hopped a cheap flight to Kauai for a few days at the end which you could do prior to your cruise if you want more tropical time.  We are hoping to take that cruise again in a few years.  Have fun if you decide to go!

Similar to our experience. For many years we go to Maui on vacation, so left the ship in Honolulu and spent several days sightseeing there before flying home. We also enjoy the sea days. In fact we did a B3B on Explorer last January and never got off the ship. We've been to all of those Caribbean ports many times and prefer to enjoy the quiet ship in ports.