16 hours ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

$5 difference.

For cruises 6 days or longer:
Purchase before boarding:   $59.95 + 18% gratuity pp = $70.74 pp

Purchase after boarding:   $64.95 + 18% gratuity pp = $76.64 pp

For cruises 5 days or less:
Purchase before boarding:   $69.95 + 18% gratuity pp = $82.54 pp

Purchase after boarding:   $74.95 + 18% gratuity pp = $88.44 pp

This will be the future pricing.  Right now 5 days or less is still the same price as the 6 days or longer.

17 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

I’ve done search and Google. Can’t find answer! Is there a price difference between pre ordering Cheers or ordering when on board? TIA!  🥂🍻🍹🍷🍾🥃🍸

Out of curiosity, did you go to the main Carnival Website?  I mean, great to ask here, and you have your answer (cut and pasted direct from said website), but the direct source is (usually) more accurate.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

Out of curiosity, did you go to the main Carnival Website?  I mean, great to ask here, and you have your answer (cut and pasted direct from said website), but the direct source is (usually) more accurate.

Yes. I clicked on drink packages in my cruise manager to order pre cruise and I did get the price but it only

listed ordering pre cruise. I was just wondering if price was different if I decided to order when I was on the ship.. And now I know! 👍👍🥂🍻 thank you Venture Man. 

4 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

When does the drink package go up for the 5 day, and why is it more than the 6 day?

You have until October 9th to purchase the package at the same price for cruises 5 days or less. This applies to all cruises with a departure date of December 1st or later. If your cruise begins before December 1st it does not apply to you.

And the reason for why 5 days or less is because they tend to be what are informally known as party cruises. People tend to consume more alcohol on these cruises and are more willing to pay for the package. 

15 hours ago, Crusin Karen said:

Yes. I clicked on drink packages in my cruise manager to order pre cruise and I did get the price but it only

listed ordering pre cruise. I was just wondering if price was different if I decided to order when I was on the ship.. And now I know! 👍👍🥂🍻 thank you Venture Man. 

I find the answer to my questions can usually be found if i check the FAQ's

Before your cruise:  $59.95 USD, per person, per day plus 18% service charge*. CHEERS! can be purchased at www.carnival.com/funshops or by contacting The Fun Shops department at 800-522-7648, Monday through Friday, 9:00am-10:00pm ET and Saturday and Sunday, 9:00am-6:00pm ET. Cut-off for pre-purchase online is 11:59pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure. Although we are not able to process the Carnival Gift Card for Fun Shop orders by telephone, you may use a Carnival Gift Card when purchasing CHEERS! online.

* For short voyages (5 days or less) departing 12/01/23 and after, the pre-cruise price will be $69.95 USD per day plus 18% service charge. The onboard price will be $74.95 USD per day plus 18% service charge. 

On board your cruise:  $64.95 USD, per person, per day plus 18% service charge*. CHEERS! can be purchased at bar locations.

* For short voyages (5 days or less) departing 12/01/23 and after, the onboard price will be $74.95 USD per day plus 18% service charge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks amcankid - I had no idea the price was going up.  Good thing that I asked when.  When I checked on the cost of the package, shortly after booking the cruise, there was nothing about a price increase. I just happened to see it here.  Thanks to the OP for posting the question!    Glad that I caught it as I do not check this forum often.  I am not thrilled about booking and paying for the package so early (cruise not until March), but I sure do not want to pay the new price.  Still undecided if I want to purchase at all, or just pay per drink.  Are drink prices going up, as well?  If I book and pay now, is the cost of the package refundable should we be unable to take the cruise?

2 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Thanks amcankid - I had no idea the price was going up. 

Still undecided if I want to purchase at all, or just pay per drink.  Are drink prices going up, as well?  If I book and pay now, is the cost of the package refundable should we be unable to take the cruise?

Sunday, October 8 is the last day you can purchase Cheers before the price increases (for cruises 5-days or less). 

The new higher price start October 9.

IMG_4233.png

• Thanks 1

I asked before, but did not receive an answer.  If you (or my daughter in this case) purchases the drink package, and then  decide not to take the cruise, is the package refundable?  According to the following wording, it is not.

• Must be 21 years or older to purchase and agree not to give to minors
  • Each adult assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program
  • Only one drink at a time may be ordered. No sharing is permitted
  • Applicable state and local taxes will be charged to the guest folio when this program is used within US waters
  • Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks, per 24-hour period (6:00am - 6:00am).
  • Carnival reserves the right to refuse service for any reason
  • Program is non-refundable

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I asked before, but did not receive an answer.  If you (or my daughter in this case) purchases the drink package, and then  decide not to take the cruise, is the package refundable?  According to the following wording, it is not.

• Program is non-refundable

Under 'Program Restrictions', 5th bullet point down:

• If the program is purchased prior to the cruise, it is refundable up to 9:00pm ET, the evening prior to the cruise departure.  Otherwise, CHEERS! is non-refundable.

carnival.com/help?topicid=1106

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Thank you.  The alcoholic  drink package was purchased by my youngest daughter. She did not have to purchase any type of drink package for her underage children, who are in the stateroom with her.   

I purchased a 12 pack of water for my stateroom and will buy my drinks à la carte.  As will my oldest daughter, who is sharing a stateroom with me.  She did not want to purchase a drink package, which left me unable to purchase one. 🤨

20 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

The intent of that wording is that once you start using it, you can't ask for a refund if you had too much on day 1 and think you can't continue to justify the cost on the remaining days.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I just did a check on Carnival's website to see if the price was raised.  The advertised price is still $59.95 under Drink Packages.  Not until you get to the cart and ready to pay does the price show $69.95.  That's a little tricky for those that do not know about the increase.  By not looking closely at the total, someone could easily pay more than they were planning.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2023 at 6:29 PM, Crusin Karen said:

I’ve done search and Google. Can’t find answer! Is there a price difference between pre ordering Cheers or ordering when on board? TIA!  🥂🍻🍹🍷🍾🥃🍸

You save 10% by pre-purchasing.

20 hours ago, Dwright826 said:

You save 10% by pre-purchasing.

The accurate answer was posted in the second post, almost a week ago.  Your answer is not accurate - it is notionally "up to 10%", but no pricing structure actually supports that figure. 

When Cheers was $50 you saved 10% by pre-purchasing.  Long time ago now.

• Like 1

On 10/11/2023 at 7:36 AM, ProgRockCruiser said:

The accurate answer was posted in the second post, almost a week ago.  Your answer is not accurate - it is notionally "up to 10%", but no pricing structure actually supports that figure. 

When Cheers was $50 you saved 10% by pre-purchasing.  Long time ago now.

My mistake, I was just going off what it says on my home page on carnival

Screenshot_20231012-212949.png

• Like 1

On 10/6/2023 at 8:58 PM, Iamthesea said:

and why is it more than the 6 day?

Probably because it wouldn't be profitable if everyone who bought the package hit 15 drinks a day. That happens a lot more on shorter cruises. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PayneAS said:

Nope, because it says "up to" that's why you gotta read the fine print.

The problem is - it isn't "up to" 10%.

The maximum you save is $5

$59.95 vs $64.95

That is 7.7% off.

Or (because someone who doesn't understand percentages will bring up gratuity)

The maximum you save including gratuity is $5.90

$70.74 vs $76.64

That is 7.7% off.

There is no 10%, there is no way to get 10%, and their advertisement is just false.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PayneAS said:

Nope, because it says "up to" that's why you gotta read the fine print.

There is no way to get 10% off CHEERS by buying up front, so it is false advertising.

If a Big Mac is $5 and there's a coupon for $1 off, they can't say the coupon is "UP TO 50% OFF".

4 hours ago, aborgman said:

There is no 10%, there is no way to get 10%, and their advertisement is just false.

4 minutes ago, mz-s said:

There is no way to get 10% off CHEERS by buying up front, so it is false advertising.

If a Big Mac is $5 and there's a coupon for $1 off, they can't say the coupon is "UP TO 50% OFF".

Ok well if you guys are gonna double down on it then go ahead and sue them for False Advertising. I'm sure you'll win. 

"The federal Lanham Act allows civil lawsuits for false advertising that “misrepresents the nature, characteristics, qualities, or geographic origin” of goods or services. 15 U.S.C. § 1125(a). The FTC also enforces false advertising laws on behalf of consumers."