2025-26 Long Beach Cruises Released

spencercoop

https://carnival-news.com/2023/10/05/carnival-cruise-line-opens-new-deployment-from-long-beach-and-adds-more-variety-in-cruise-options-from-the-west-coast/

What's interesting is that Carnival won't operate the regular 7 Day Mexican Riviera anymore and instead the Panorama will do 6/8 Day Mexican Riviera cruises.

7 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

They are still going with Cabo last on the 8 day so it's a no go for me. Leaving Cabo at 2:30 pm is ridiculous. Cabo used to be first with a much more reasonable 11 am to 7 pm schedule. 

You've spoken of this before as I recall. While I think I've preferred a 'Cabo first' version, I do like that extra seaday in the more protected waters in the Gulf of California. To each his own, I guess.

Personally, I'm a big fan of this new 6-8 combo. Adding La Paz makes that an attractive, longer cruise we are sure to try out. We're also eyeballing some longer 10 and 11 day cruises that HAL offers out of San Diego as our introduction to that line. 

10 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

They are still going with Cabo last on the 8 day so it's a no go for me. Leaving Cabo at 2:30 pm is ridiculous. Cabo used to be first with a much more reasonable 11 am to 7 pm schedule. 

How do you suggest they get back to long beach in time

1 minute ago, highSeas22 said:

His preference is to use 2 sea days to get there. Carnival used to do it that way many years ago but switched it up.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I am happy now I booked the 8 day for March 2025, it goes to Cabo first for a full day. We are doing that itinerary for NYE this year and we have a couple of the 6 days booked too. We love the Panorama and Cabo is our favorite port on the Mexican Riviera. The weekend departures are definitely better traffic wise too, we live just North of Los Angeles. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, n6uqqq said:

I couldn't agree more. Even after Panorama's azipod propulsion system is overhauled it could be Carnival still has little faith they will work sufficiently enough to ensure on time arrivals at Long Beach.  

1 hour ago, pinto18 said:

😞 I am not too happy about this. The 8 day is good ( have one booked) but sometimes I only want a 7 day..I don't like the 6 day itinerary since Cabo isn't my favorite and I like Mazatlan. 

See, I'm the exact opposite. We loved Cabo, and hated Mazatlan. Never want to go back there.

2 hours ago, highSeas22 said:

8 out of my 10 Mexican Riviera cruises have been Cabo first. It has never been an issue getting back on time and in fact we used to pull into Long Beach early in the am around 6. Protected waters has nothing to do with this change either. We aren't going around Cape Horn or even really doing anything other than hugging the coastline for the most part. Each to their own, I guess Carnival should stop going to Hawaii if protected waters are so important!  There is actually an 8 day that does Cabo first in April 2025 so I may book that. I would like to check out La Paz since I have only done the 7 day cruises as of yet. 

Edited by n6uqqq
  • Like 1

While I am not a fan of the Panorama....I do see looking that some have Cabo first, and some have Cabo last. We have done both, as the 50th cruise on the Panorama, they left it Cabo first, while they had switched the others due to our meet up for part of the 50th. I wish I liked the ship, as we are in AZ and that makes cruising so much cheaper. Versus like next week we are driving to Galveston to head out. We do have that itinerary booked on the Firenze and cant wait for a different ship. 

Start: Los Angeles (Long Beach) > Cabo San Lucas > La Paz > Mazatlan > Puerto Vallarta > End: Los Angeles (Long Beach)View Itinerary

Start: Los Angeles (Long Beach) > Puerto Vallarta > Mazatlan > La Paz > Cabo San Lucas > End: Los Angeles (Long Beach)View Itinerary

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

8 out of my 10 Mexican Riviera cruises have been Cabo first. It has never been an issue getting back on time and in fact we used to pull into Long Beach early in the am around 6. Protected waters has nothing to do with this change either. We aren't going around Cape Horn or even really doing anything other than hugging the coastline for the most part. Each to their own, I guess Carnival should stop going to Hawaii if protected waters are so important!  There is actually an 8 day that does Cabo first in April 2025 so I may book that. I would like to check out La Paz since I have only done the 7 day cruises as of yet. 

On your 8 'Cabo first' cruises the TWO consecutive sea days were on the trip back north. To make it in one day they need to leave by early afternoon. It's 936 nautical miles; approximately 40 hours even at 21+ knots and even that's not always possible with strong headwinds.

Carnival has made the decision not to do it your way 85% of the time. I'm mostly indifferent. For you it's a deal breaker. Fair enough. I'm sure they've considered which works better for them. Enjoy your next cruise.

11 minutes ago, jsglow said:

On your 8 'Cabo first' cruises the TWO consecutive sea days were on the trip back north. To make it in one day they need to leave by early afternoon. It's 936 nautical miles; approximately 40 hours even at 21+ knots and even that's not always possible with strong headwinds.

Carnival has made the decision not to do it your way 85% of the time. I'm mostly indifferent. For you it's a deal breaker. Fair enough. I'm sure they've considered which works better for them. Enjoy your next cruise.

I found one for April 2025 so I am happy enough for now. I like to walk around Cabo and a couple weeks ago I went and we left at 2:00 so I didn't make my pilgrimage to Cabo Wabo this time. I wake up a bit later and by the time we got into Port it was almost 11 am. I love the blue waters of the Caribbean but Long Beach is so easy to sail from for me I end up on this cruise a lot. Still a fun trip despite the number of times I have done it. Actually when there are two days to come back there is 57 hours of time from 9 pm after leaving Puerto Vallarta to 7 am arrival time. That would come out to a reasonable 16 knots average speed. I think we had more issue getting to Cabo going down we have arrived late a few times.

Edited by n6uqqq

3 minutes ago, jsglow said:

Have you ever done the Cabo six day @n6uqqq? We're doing it as an extended family in late November. Two days at Cabo and then the stop at Ensenada on the way back. Looking forward to it.

I have not but it looks pretty good schedule wise. I want to check out La Paz.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, n6uqqq said:

I have not but it looks pretty good schedule wise. I want to check out La Paz.

We're seriously considering the HAL 11 or 10 night at some point. We want to give them a shot soon and the Konigsdam (sp?) looks right up our alley.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, jsglow said:

Personally, I like the one and a half days at sea then 2 plus days to come home

• Like 1