Palma Aquarium

Hello . Regarding public transport I can only tell you that there is a bus from the center of Palma to the aquarium. Lines 23, 25, 31, 32 and 35. You can see the routes here (they do not leave from the same place) and the frequency of passage (it can be 20 minutes, it can be 60 between one line and another).
The one-way ticket costs 2 euros and you can pay it when you get on.
Still, you shouldn't have a problem with Uber despite being 10 km from the center of Palma. It is an urban layout and cars must travel at 50 km/h as in the center of any city (highways are not used to get there from the Port). The aquarium is very, very close to the airport.
But the important thing is that to return, if there is no taxi or Uber available, you will always have a line that will take you to the center of Palma.

About the aquarium itself, the photo below is mine, from the last visit I made.
- you can buy tickets at the box office (you don't have to buy online... unless you see that they are cheaper)
- allow three hours to visit the entire place (without going quickly but also without stopping a lot in the places)
- there is self-service to eat. It's not wonderful but it can be useful
- You will have all the explanations and signs in Spanish, English and German (in this order)

Depending on what time the boat leaves, you will have time to visit the center of Palma when you return.

IMG20200806132241.jpg

1 hour ago, SquishTheWhale said:

We have a young child with us so normally would just Uber it but not sure if we can do that with no car seat.

Should you get no info on the car seat question, you could try posting on the dedicated Palma thread pinned at the top of the Spain Ports forum as roger b lives there and keeps a close eye on posts to that thread.

It is this one;

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2697012-palma-de-mallorca-diy-new/page/17/#comment-65473993

28 minutes ago, edinburgher said:

Should you get no info on the car seat question, you could try posting on the dedicated Palma thread pinned at the top of the Spain Ports forum as roger b lives there and keeps a close eye on posts to that thread.

It is this one;

https://boards.cruisecritic.co.uk/topic/2697012-palma-de-mallorca-diy-new/page/17/#comment-65473993

Thank you!

51 minutes ago, alserrod said:

Hello . Regarding public transport I can only tell you that there is a bus from the center of Palma to the aquarium. Lines 23, 25, 31, 32 and 35. You can see the routes here (they do not leave from the same place) and the frequency of passage (it can be 20 minutes, it can be 60 between one line and another).
The one-way ticket costs 2 euros and you can pay it when you get on.
Still, you shouldn't have a problem with Uber despite being 10 km from the center of Palma. It is an urban layout and cars must travel at 50 km/h as in the center of any city (highways are not used to get there from the Port). The aquarium is very, very close to the airport.
But the important thing is that to return, if there is no taxi or Uber available, you will always have a line that will take you to the center of Palma.

About the aquarium itself, the photo below is mine, from the last visit I made.
- you can buy tickets at the box office (you don't have to buy online... unless you see that they are cheaper)
- allow three hours to visit the entire place (without going quickly but also without stopping a lot in the places)
- there is self-service to eat. It's not wonderful but it can be useful
- You will have all the explanations and signs in Spanish, English and German (in this order)

Depending on what time the boat leaves, you will have time to visit the center of Palma when you return.

IMG20200806132241.jpg

Thank you thats useful. We can do the bus I suppose I just thought it might take a while! It looks like there is a beach nearby the aquarium too?

On 10/6/2023 at 3:28 PM, SquishTheWhale said:

Thank you thats useful. We can do the bus I suppose I just thought it might take a while! It looks like there is a beach nearby the aquarium too?

Hi , Not an easy trip with a small child on public transport, my alternative is a trip to:

https://www.marineland.es/mallorca/en/

Is an easy 15min taxi ride from the port and there is a beach with in warking distance

6 hours ago, roger b said:

Hi , Not an easy trip with a small child on public transport, my alternative is a trip to:

https://www.marineland.es/mallorca/en/

Is an easy 15min taxi ride from the port and there is a beach with in warking distance

Thank you I will definitely check that out! Not set on the Aquarium it's just the type of thing my son enjoys

1 minute ago, SquishTheWhale said:

Thank you I will definitely check that out! Not set on the Aquarium it's just the type of thing my son enjoys

You would have a very difficult journey as you have to get to the bus station in central Palma ,if you decide to take the bus .

https://www.mallorca-now.com/marineland-mallorca.html