Carnival Spirit 6 and 8 day cruises to Bahamas only...

stormgrey11

There seems to be an overall push for more cruises to Bahamas. While I love Half Moon Cay, I have zero desire to return to Nassau and would likely stay on the ship if on a cruise to there again. Everything there is just SO dang expensive! We paid over $100 for a day at the "free" beach. $40 for 2 chairs and an umbrella and another $70 for a pretty basic lunch. I would much prefer more itineraries going to Cozumel or Costa Maya where I can book an all-inclusive beach day for $50-75 dollars pp. (all you can eat and drink plus chairs, umbrellas, wi-fi, use of some water equipment, pools, etc.). 

I've noticed this especially on shorter cruises. I understand that ports further north like Mobile and Charleston are limited based on range for shorter cruises. But even out of Miami, the shorter cruises are very Bahamas heavy! I sorely miss the shorter Key West/Cozumel cruises. Such a fun and easy short getaway! 

4 hours ago, MistyRo76 said:

There seems to be an overall push for more cruises to Bahamas. While I love Half Moon Cay, I have zero desire to return to Nassau and would likely stay on the ship if on a cruise to there again. Everything there is just SO dang expensive! We paid over $100 for a day at the "free" beach. $40 for 2 chairs and an umbrella and another $70 for a pretty basic lunch. I would much prefer more itineraries going to Cozumel or Costa Maya where I can book an all-inclusive beach day for $50-75 dollars pp. (all you can eat and drink plus chairs, umbrellas, wi-fi, use of some water equipment, pools, etc.). 

I've noticed this especially on shorter cruises. I understand that ports further north like Mobile and Charleston are limited based on range for shorter cruises. But even out of Miami, the shorter cruises are very Bahamas heavy! I sorely miss the shorter Key West/Cozumel cruises. Such a fun and easy short getaway! 

Luckily the short Bahamas cruises are starting to have Celebration Key in 2025, with the 3 day weekend Nassau turning into 3 day just Celebration Key!