Will Haifa POC be removed from Musica itinerary?

Beamafar

Given the current situation, I would think that Haifa as a port will not show up at least until 2025. Among other things, no insurance company will insure a ship sailing into a war zone.

There is no going back for the current season. Given that Med basically starts in April/May, I am quite certain that all of the cruise lines are busy making changes to any itinerary with Israeli ports. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RD64 said:

Given the current situation, I would think that Haifa as a port will not show up at least until 2025. Among other things, no insurance company will insure a ship sailing into a war zone.

There is no going back for the current season. Given that Med basically starts in April/May, I am quite certain that all of the cruise lines are busy making changes to any itinerary with Israeli ports. 

Thank you for your response. 

Yes, I’m expecting to see it dropped.  Was really looking forward to visiting Jerusalem again.  We had a fantastic experience when we did an excursion from Eilat a few years ago on the Sinfonia repo to South Africa.

Edited by Beamafar
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Bgwest said:

There are other lengthy threads here on that very subject. 

No. This is the only one about MSC (and the Musica, Sinfonia is also scheduled to head to Haifa) What other cruise lines do is irrelevant for @Beamafar and (two weeks later) myself. 

Still no news from MSC, but in a few hours the travel agents get up and back to work from weekend. Hoping to get news then, but I have to say that MSC delayed this already two times with me. Dropping of Tunis and rescheduling our embarkation from Abu Dhabi to Dubai.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, perakcruiser said:

No. This is the only one about MSC (and the Musica, Sinfonia is also scheduled to head to Haifa) What other cruise lines do is irrelevant for @Beamafar and (two weeks later) myself. 

for me too, we should be embarking on sunday in Haifa - would be really nice to know it the ship is there or what alterate port it will be in ...

what other options are there usually other than cancelling - different embarkation port/early-late-embarkation? will they give any compensation in these cases?

Edited by rrzeurope

4 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Exactly, P!   I specifically stated Musica as was hoping that someone sailing this week could let us know if Haifa has been replaced with another POC. 

Sorry to hear how you’ve been messed about.  It seems to me that MSC does this even more often than other lines.

I’m not holding my breath that we’ll hear from MSC this week.  I’ll report on here (meaning this forum) when we embark, or if I get any information in the meantime. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rrzeurope said:

yeah sorry, meant monday (on Sinfonia, my flight was sunday) ... but still no info at MSC available

Sorry here, too, as Sinfonia had been mentioned and you could easily have meant that.  I had to check my booking to make sure that we are embarking on Sunday. 🙄  I have an inane fear of getting the flight date wrong and turning up in the airport the day after the flight is scheduled. 

I can’t see MSC going to Haifa from this week.  They will have disembarked anyone who had embarked in Haifa in the last week by today.  It’s shocking that they haven’t reached out yet to those who are due to embark there.  

Edited by Beamafar

@Beamafar I also believe that they will at least skip the port - so even if the flight would be available, taking it would be a not-so-good idea since standing in the harbour with no ship picking me up is in this situation not really a good one ... but the longer they take to give info about their decision - the less options I have for alternatives

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Beamafar said:

@perakcruiser  I wonder if the Russians were due to embark in Haifa. 🤔

Some for sure, but their main embarkation port for sure is Kusadasi as Izmir-Moscow is a popular (and visa-free) route. Cyprus also has a huge Russian "colony".

About the substitute, I don´t think they will add another stop, we will just stay longer in Kusadasi or Limassol. 

• Like 1

Just now, perakcruiser said:

Some for sure, but their main embarkation port for sure is Kusadasi as Izmir-Moscow is a popular (and visa-free) route. Cyprus also has a huge Russian "colony".

About the substitute, I don´t think they will add another stop, we will just stay longer in Kusadasi or Limassol. 

Well, I guess I’ll find out next week. 😁  Even tracking Musica this week doesn’t mean the changed itinerary will be the same for our sailing, though. 

5 minutes ago, Beamafar said:

Well, I guess I’ll find out next week. 😁  Even tracking Musica this week doesn’t mean the changed itinerary will be the same for our sailing, though. 

Yes because it all depends on the question if they disembark / embark passengers this Thursday in Haifa.

To my surprise Ryanair today canceled some flights to Tel Aviv, but also had many going:
https://www.telaviv-airport.com/ben-gurion-arrivals-airline-ryanair

Very interesting for the stranded / stranding cruisers, there is a Ryanair flight from Paphos on Cyprus to Tel Aviv (only 1 hour!). Actually many. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, rrzeurope said:

for me too, we should be embarking on sunday in Haifa - would be really nice to know it the ship is there or what alterate port it will be in ...

what other options are there usually other than cancelling - different embarkation port/early-late-embarkation? will they give any compensation in these cases?

If you can please let us know when MSC contacts you. My husband and I are currently schedule to embark on the Sinfonia from Haifa on the 18th of November.  I've seen and heard nothing from MSC but I guess they are still trying to figure out what they are going to do. 

Edited by Jeffry
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeffry said:

If you can please let us know when MSC contacts you. My husband and I are currently schedule to embark on the Sinfonia from Haifa on the 18th of November.  I've seen and heard nothing from MSC but I guess they are still trying to figure out what they are going to do. 

A bit far away to see a concrete change.

The passengers who are boarding tomorrow are yet to be updated on the port of call just a few days away. 

But I would pay close attention to the airport availability as many many airlines have stopped flying so international cruisers will not be able to start from there. 

4 hours ago, perakcruiser said:

Yes because it all depends on the question if they disembark / embark passengers this Thursday in Haifa.

To my surprise Ryanair today canceled some flights to Tel Aviv, but also had many going:
https://www.telaviv-airport.com/ben-gurion-arrivals-airline-ryanair

Very interesting for the stranded / stranding cruisers, there is a Ryanair flight from Paphos on Cyprus to Tel Aviv (only 1 hour!). Actually many. 

American Airlines, Air France, Lufthansa, Emirates, Wizz Air, United and Delta have all canceled flights and suspended them going forwards. 

Virgin Atlantic, BA and EasyJet have cancelled some flights and changed or reduced schedules going forwards. BA are now flying in the morning to avoid crew overnight stays. 

Ryanair released a statement saying they were forced to cancel a number of flights. Pegasus the Greek airline were still flying. 

So do check before booking or travelling to the airport. 

11 hours ago, cruisefamilyholiday said:

Ryanair released a statement saying they were forced to cancel a number of flights. Pegasus the Greek airline were still flying. 

Pegasus - the airline, not the horse - is Turkish, not Greek 😉

It is a very important airline for the Russians, as it still brings them almost anywhere. 

I don´t think many of the other Europeans will embark in Haifa as it is the most inconvenient port for them to reach. 

• Like 1