FatBoy20

35 minutes ago, Cruise-Cat said:

We decided to book a guarantee last month when they became available- at around £207 pppn it seems excellent value. First time with a g’tee so hoping it works out well 🤞

It will do. Don't think there are any cabins to be really avoided on their new ships.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, LandC said:

I tried to use my Boundless (CSMA) membership to get a 5% discount a couple of weeks ago and was told it was no longer accepted. I think the Defence Discount Card is still accepted.

It would be helpful if Saga were to publish details on their website of current Affinity memberships.

They also stopped the discounts to Saga magazine members last year.

On 6/18/2024 at 9:00 AM, Cruise-Cat said:

Booked a September cruise in early May and told that EH discount was no longer available 🥲

Oh no! That's a disaster! I'll never get my husband to agree to another cruise now 😢🤣.  I've been telling him that a cruise I was looking at was 'affordable' with the EH discount.  C'est la vie.

• Haha 1

On 6/18/2024 at 1:37 PM, nosapphire said:

It will do. Don't think there are any cabins to be really avoided on their new ships.

The first 7 or 8 on E deck have a restricted view due to the style of the bow. Some cabins have a shower over a bath  or you could be a fair walk to the lifts. Also be on the Sun deck. Great in summer but if the ships motion affects people not so good in winter.  Other than that's it's fine 😀

• Like 1

6 hours ago, JoJo1947 said:

The first 7 or 8 on E deck have a restricted view due to the style of the bow. Some cabins have a shower over a bath  or you could be a fair walk to the lifts. Also be on the Sun deck. Great in summer but if the ships motion affects people not so good in winter.  Other than that's it's fine 😀

The shower over a bath would be a definite no no for us but I think that only applies to SoA.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, david05 said:

The shower over a bath would be a definite no no for us but I think that only applies to SoA.

But some people would regard it as a bonus. Whilst it is obviously a problem for those with limited mobility who might have difficulty stepping in and out of a bath, some may welcome the ability to have a bath as well as a shower.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, david05 said:

This was news to me I thought all cabins had walk in showers, it would probably put me off from booking a guarantee if we could end up with a shower over the bath.

Edited by Bloodaxe

17 hours ago, david05 said:

Can you identify the Cabins on SOA with a Shower over Bath please?.

24 minutes ago, FatBoy20 said:

There are some Deluxe cabins on Adventure which have bath with shower over. E024, E523, D525, C536, C037, B022, B521, A020, and A521.

We will be in one on our July 3rd cruise 🙂

• Like 2

1 hour ago, FatBoy20 said:

They are marked on the deck plan with a symbol; cannot find it on my keyboard but it is a short vertical line crossed by two short horizontal lines!

3 hours ago, Bloodaxe said:

This was news to me I thought all cabins had walk in showers, it would probably put me off from booking a guarantee if we could end up with a shower over the bath.

AS a general principle I would suggest that if there is some cabin feature which you would definately not be prepared to accept then you should not book a guarantee, as under the conditions of booking rejection would be regarded as a cancellation.

• Like 1

Spirit of Discovery does NOT, according to the brochure deck plans and symbols, have any cabins with a shower over the bath.( It does have some with a separate bath and shower, but think these are suites only. Outside my price range).

Spirit of Adventure - looks as if it is only some of the deluxe cabins with shower over bath.

Single deluxe: D026.

Twin deluxe: A020, A521,B022,B521, C037, C536, D525, E024, E523.

Cannot see any standard cabins marked as shower over bath.

18 hours ago, Denarius said:

AS a general principle I would suggest that if there is some cabin feature which you would definately not be prepared to accept then you should not book a guarantee, as under the conditions of booking rejection would be regarded as a cancellation.

That's obviously the case, I thought that I would be OK with any of the Saga cabins but I now realise I may not on Adventure.

1 hour ago, Bloodaxe said:

That's obviously the case, I thought that I would be OK with any of the Saga cabins but I now realise I may not on Adventure.

Likewise, although it may be a rare occurrence to get a deluxe cabin when booking on the basis of a guarantee cabin, we wouldn't wish to take the risk as my wife would probably struggle with a shower over a bath.

• Like 1

On 6/21/2024 at 11:17 AM, Denarius said:

But some people would regard it as a bonus. Whilst it is obviously a problem for those with limited mobility who might have difficulty stepping in and out of a bath, some may welcome the ability to have a bath as well as a shower.

Suites have both but otherwise either or with shower over the bath 

On 6/22/2024 at 10:58 AM, david05 said:

Likewise, although it may be a rare occurrence to get a deluxe cabin when booking on the basis of a guarantee cabin, we wouldn't wish to take the risk as my wife would probably struggle with a shower over a bath.

I believe that on some cruises a deluxe guarantee has been offered but in a separate category to the standard guarantee. So next to no chance you would snag a deluxe if you opt for a standard guarantee.

9 minutes ago, Glenndale said:

I believe that on some cruises a deluxe guarantee has been offered but in a separate category to the standard guarantee. So next to no chance you would snag a deluxe if you opt for a standard guarantee.

Yes I understand this is the case so no problem when the separate guarantees are on offer. If anyone is lucky enough to get offered an upgrade to deluxe on SoA and the shower over the bath is a no no, they might need to check the deck plan to make sure it is the "right" sort of deluxe cabin. Never been offered an upgrade on SoA so never had that problem!