Wondering how to link bookings

lisiamc

Hi, this will be our first MSC cruise, on Armonia on 20th October, and we’re looking forward to it. I’ve had a bit of trouble with the website, though. I did manage to get DH and myself checked in, with selfies, (which were an epic struggle!) but we got there.  

We have a group of eight, and now I’d like to link our four bookings so that we are all seated at the same dining table. I’ve used the search feature on this forum, but although people refer to linking bookings, I couldn’t see where I needed to go to do it. I’ve looked everywhere I could think of on the Manage My Booking screens, but I’m just not finding the page I need. Could some kind person please point me in the right direction? TIA.

1. Log into your account on MSC's web site and go to the web check-in for your sailing.
  2. Click the Edit button next to your passenger data.
  3. Scroll to the bottom of that screen and click Next.
  4. On this screen you should see a "Travel With" section where you can link other booking/stateroom numbers.

Currently, I can't really test this for myself. When I go to that screen for my 10/25 sailing, I only see the

list of reservations already linked to mine. I can't see an option to link more. And, for my sailings that are further out, I can't even start my web check-in yet (I assume because I haven't made final payment on those yet?).

2 hours ago, lisiamc said:

Hi, this will be our first MSC cruise, on Armonia on 20th October, and we’re looking forward to it. I’ve had a bit of trouble with the website, though. I did manage to get DH and myself checked in, with selfies, (which were an epic struggle!) but we got there.  

We have a group of eight, and now I’d like to link our four bookings so that we are all seated at the same dining table. I’ve used the search feature on this forum, but although people refer to linking bookings, I couldn’t see where I needed to go to do it. I’ve looked everywhere I could think of on the Manage My Booking screens, but I’m just not finding the page I need. Could some kind person please point me in the right direction? TIA.

It is a pain with selfies. We had a lot of problems too. Finally got it all figured out and done but when we got to the port to check in they took our pictures again anyway.

Good luck with getting seating together. I hope it works out for you. We linked ours together 3 months befor the cruise as we had 4 cabins. We got 2 tables close to each other but not 1 table for all of us. The maitre'd d could do nothing.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

It is a pain with selfies. We had a lot of problems too. Finally got it all figured out and done but when we got to the port to check in they took our pictures again anyway.

Good luck with getting seating together. I hope it works out for you. We linked ours together 3 months befor the cruise as we had 4 cabins. We got 2 tables close to each other but not 1 table for all of us. The maitre'd d could do nothing.

Thank you. We will get our best persuasive smiles shined up in case they’re needed to melt the Maitre d’s hard heart. Although if he sees the selfies, he’ll be frightened!

59 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Quick question:

How did you get the reservations linked. Were sailing in 43 days, and I don't have the option online. Did you call them? In that case which phone number did you use?

Thanks

2 hours ago, Dane1234 said:

Quick question:

How did you get the reservations linked. Were sailing in 43 days, and I don't have the option online. Did you call them? In that case which phone number did you use?

Thanks

We had a lucky escape! I had just started trying to use the linking page on my passenger data screen, and our travel agent messaged me to say that we were all linked together. I’ll update with how well it actually works for the table assignments. 

2 hours ago, Dane1234 said:

Quick question:

Thanks

Do you not see the "Travel With" section when you edit the passenger data in the web check-in on the MSC site?

28 minutes ago, JamieLogical said:

Do you not see the "Travel With" section when you edit the passenger data in the web check-in on the MSC site?

Nope... Under Check In (logged in), it says: "We are sorry, you can not access to this section. The system recognise you as an underage user." 😆 *Yes including the spelling error 😄

EDIT: Now that I went the other way around, it gives me following message: 

Error

Your cruise does not depart within 20 days
Edited by Dane1234

On 10/9/2023 at 11:49 AM, Dane1234 said:

Quick question:

Thanks

I just called and a MSC agent linked them. It was super easy. I don't usually experience the problems some people report on here when calling. So, I never dread calling. It was easier to call than for me to fuss around online. 

Just now, blueslily said:

I just called and a MSC agent linked them. It was super easy. I don't usually experience the problems some people report on here when calling. So, I never dread calling. It was easier to call than for me to fuss around online. 

I have read on here, and agree, that the website is somewhat… quirky. We’ve been trying to book parking for our cruise from Ancona, and it has a page for that in with the drinks and internet and other extras. The big quirk with the parking is that if there are two people on the booking, you have to pay for two lots of parking. So one person would pay £96 for one car, but two people in one car would pay £96 each! My friend made the bookings, so I let her do the calling. She called about five days ago, and was told the parking could be booked by email. She emailed that day, but has had no reply. These things are never easy, are they?