LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

1 hour ago, slimbyspring said:

Our biggest debate is if we should cruise or just do Italy as a land trip - it’s hard to decide!  We love cruising but afraid we will feel rushed because it will be our first time in Italy!  We are also leaning toward NCL (normally carnival loyal) because of the fewer sea days…oh the decisions!

why not do Pompeii?

edit: obviously I replied to the wrong post, sorry!

Edited by IntrepidFromDC
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 10/25/2023 at 8:56 PM, ninjacat123 said:

We are gaining an hour tonight. Yay, but I’m still tired. Tomorrow is Messina and we have a tour I found on TA going to « The Godfather «  movie sites. I hope they don’t make me an offer I can’t refuse 🤣

Very interested in your feedback on the Godfather tour - we're doing one in 2 weeks.

Edited by Haljo1935
Typo
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

why not do Pompeii?

edit: obviously I replied to the wrong post, sorry!

I know you love history but for us, we were looking for the beautiful town experience and this morning the weather is windy and not the best. We were very lucky with the weather this trip!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, slimbyspring said:

Our biggest debate is if we should cruise or just do Italy as a land trip - it’s hard to decide!  We love cruising but afraid we will feel rushed because it will be our first time in Italy!  We are also leaning toward NCL (normally carnival loyal) because of the fewer sea days…oh the decisions!

Sounds like an awesome trip!! I loved both the land portion and the cruise portion. If you don’t want to feel rushed with a land trip, I would suggest having a home base and doing day trips from there. Packing up everyday and catching the train for the next city is tiring but that was what we did to see more Italy. Even with just carryon, it’s a lot. A cruise is so easy. Too easy🤣do you know there are 500 passengers staying onboard for the next cruise?!? Wow!!!

• Like 7

13 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Our guide’s name is Katia. Her number is 

0039 3318667654

katia@discovermessina.com

She was great!!

Did you book directly via their website? Or via a 3rd party like TA, Viator etc.?
Think I will contact her as well for our stop in Messina next summer. We're a party of 13 so let's see what they can arrange. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

With our excursion changed and we decided to cancel, we are taking this last full morning slowly.

We weren't impressed with our Amalfi Coast tour due to the insane amount of traffic and tourists.  Taormina does it right - for the most part, no cars where you are shopping and eating.  Enjoy your leisurely day in Naples!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YoupDeBoer said:

Did you book directly via their website? Or via a 3rd party like TA, Viator etc.?
Think I will contact her as well for our stop in Messina next summer. We're a party of 13 so let's see what they can arrange. 

I booked through TA but I suggest contacting Katia directly. Great guide and she says she can customize tours. I told her that I was listing her info on CC and she was very happy 😁

• Like 4

Got a table, only a 40 minute wait. I ordered a Peroni beer (not on menu but I saw it on the table by us) and we split a margherita pizza. Nice char on the crust underneath.  5.50 euro for a pizza. And they open at 11, not 12 like I was told by a taxi driver trying to sell us a 2 hour tour for 150 euro right off the ship. No thank you!IMG_3785.thumb.jpeg.0eb11d7a7a74c711e6a7e4be3715f2c1.jpegIMG_3788.thumb.jpeg.0dee30d7c6ef7dd410f92c9600c61e76.jpegIMG_3789.thumb.jpeg.7c91454cb77161cb9440ca2803763683.jpegIMG_3790.thumb.jpeg.36e936551db2841e2037aa21712fd8a8.jpegIMG_3792.thumb.jpeg.f559ab7624f71faa4692296c70cdfc84.jpegIMG_3793.thumb.jpeg.5a67a4d4d3b3cc7e6f63b03297012236.jpegIMG_3794.thumb.jpeg.4b615d509494a76923c3f711137c8ac9.jpeg

Edited by ninjacat123
  • Like 11

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

We went to Guest Services to find out what happens with overage on our account due to the cancellation credit. They asked if I wanted cash and I said sure! Anything else we charge will go on my credit card.👍🤑

Yay!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Sounds like an awesome trip!! I loved both the land portion and the cruise portion. If you don’t want to feel rushed with a land trip, I would suggest having a home base and doing day trips from there. Packing up everyday and catching the train for the next city is tiring but that was what we did to see more Italy. Even with just carryon, it’s a lot. A cruise is so easy. Too easy🤣do you know there are 500 passengers staying onboard for the next cruise?!? Wow!!!

Really!

• Like 1