LIVE Italy Land trip then 10 days on Pride, Oct 18-29 to Greece, Turkey, Sicily and more Italy with ninjacat123!

ninjacat123

50 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

I booked through TA but I suggest contacting Katia directly. Great guide and she says she can customize tours. I told her that I was listing her info on CC and she was very happy 😁

Thnx. I will contact her directly and will refer to your post on CC 🙂

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Took a 15euro cab to L’antica Pizzeria da Michelle. Touted as THE place for pizza in Naples. Big crowd already and they don’t open for an hour. Got a number from the woman in front.IMG_3782.thumb.jpeg.150d0f3e6814026090cf05cbd997b50f.jpegIMG_3779.thumb.jpeg.928db97cde23e2937ef2ea19ff8d00ae.jpegIMG_3778.thumb.jpeg.c3609853a5c4ad529caf8de7469173df.jpegIMG_3776.thumb.jpeg.c4297d39390237cd429aa152bbb4d467.jpegIMG_3775.thumb.jpeg.3ad444b56b44902b93590a257fd38e38.jpeg

Thats a lot of people!! But i notice the sky is mostly blue. Did you like the beer? 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

I agrée! Maybe what I was seeing was the « Times Square «  of Naples but it didn’t have any of the magic that I see in NYC.

I also have both read and experienced that Naples can be missed but it serves as a central hub for Pompeii, Vesuvius, Herculaneum, Ischia, Capri, Positano, Amalfi...

• Like 5

13 minutes ago, IntrepidFromDC said:

I also have both read and experienced that Naples can be missed but it serves as a central hub for Pompeii, Vesuvius, Herculaneum, Ischia, Capri, Positano, Amalfi...

Yup!! All good places to add to my to-do list😁👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ninjacat123 said:

And is it warranted ? In my opinion, no. I think it’s mob mentality which doesn’t speak to the quality of the product. 

Ninja - are you flying home tomorrow or extending your stay?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, slimbyspring said:

Our biggest debate is if we should cruise or just do Italy as a land trip - it’s hard to decide!  We love cruising but afraid we will feel rushed because it will be our first time in Italy!  We are also leaning toward NCL (normally carnival loyal) because of the fewer sea days…oh the decisions!

We've done both, and I recommend it as a land trip.  It gave us time to explore without needing to rush every day to see everything.  We rented a car and drove from Venice > Florence/Pisa > Rome > Pompeii/Amalfi > eastern coastline > Venice.  We spent our last few days in Venice but ditched the car at the airport.  

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, maluhia87 said:

We've done both, and I recommend it as a land trip.  It gave us time to explore without needing to rush every day to see everything.  We rented a car and drove from Venice > Florence/Pisa > Rome > Pompeii/Amalfi > eastern coastline > Venice.  We spent our last few days in Venice but ditched the car at the airport.  

How long was the trip?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Had dinner then took a pic with our waitstaff. Santos, Robinson and Dejan were great and I gave them an extra tip on top of our prepaid gratuities.IMG_6832.thumb.jpeg.efd7c751de21ec33e8d37bf3d9d9771e.jpeg

They look nice!  Carnival crew is always so nice!

• Like 2