Live Carnival Radiance 4 day menus,photos

Buffettfan 225

Last month John Heald said the Radiance would be serving a Flat Iron Steak which was replacing the tough strip loin steak on the every day section of the MDR menu. From your menu photos it doesn't look like that happened.

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us. We sail Radiance October 30th for the fifth time.

John Heald

Thank you, I can confirm that it will be arriving to that ship before the end of this month. Thank you mate

September 21st, 2023

Edited by rainbowflag

When we were on the Radiance, I remember getting only one type of bread for dinner in the MDR. It used to be you can select from a variety of breads, now, there's only one choice per night. I didn't like the cranberry bread or that brown bread, whatever that is. I was partial to the sourdough and that pizza bread, though.  

30 minutes ago, rainbowflag said:

Last month John Heald said the Radiance would be serving a Flat Iron Steak which was replacing the tough strip loin steak on the every day section of the MDR menu. From your menu photos it doesn't look like that happened.

Thank you for sharing your cruise with us. We sail Radiance October 30th for the fifth time.

John Heald

Thank you, I can confirm that it will be arriving to that ship before the end of this month. Thank you mate

September 21st, 2023

This is our sixth in two years in a row on Radiance- cheap and drives me from Vegas area.. yes- things are about clear as mud with menus a bit with changeovers. 

I can take lactaid tablets that help with dairy issues but not heavy cream. I asked three “in charge” including head chef, and got right now it is melted ice cream and strawberry mix. um ok. If you look at Tues menus says yogurt base, vegetarian menu says cream. Head chef said melted ice cream. I imagine steak is same way- well if we back the cow in it is strip if we turn it around you will get a flat iron steak Just kidding. 

Edited by Buffettfan 225
  • Haha 4

2 minutes ago, Buffettfan 225 said:

Head chef said melted ice cream. I imagine steak is same way- well if we back the cow in it is strip if we turn it around you will get a flat iron steak Just kidding. 

Sorry you are struggling to find correct information from the food management on board. Every time we have sailed Radiance, 4 so far, there has been a different Executive Chef. Maybe our fifth Chef will know when the Flat Iron Steak is arriving but your story tells me they most likely will not. 

10 minutes ago, john91498 said:

When we were on the Radiance, I remember getting only one type of bread for dinner in the MDR. It used to be you can select from a variety of breads, now, there's only one choice per night. I didn't like the cranberry bread or that brown bread, whatever that is. I was partial to the sourdough and that pizza bread, though.  

agree- I recall Feb 2022 had three dipping choices too. Last night Tues was the sliced I think sourdough? 

• Like 1

Wed Carnival Radiance Day 3 evening

The mushroom app were very good, limited filling seemed like a bit of a tomato base sauce with a little cheese, and blended green sauce mild. 8/10.

I had never had ceviche before, but thought as new entree would try and post about it. I was pleasantly surprised on its non fish taste, fresh and very mild spice - I would call it warm. I also ordered the nights sherbet which happened to be lime that night. A nice to go with ceviche. We had same server from night prior (by request) so she was no longer surprised about ordering it as an app. 

My DH ordered sirloin said quality a 7 and cooked to his request. He also ordered Emmerills catfish and found it nice white meat, not fishy and cornmeal barely spiced. I was worried as labeled as creole. The Chicken Shaq actually had more spice in breading with the pepper. 

Chicken parmesan same quality as when labeled 50th from Cucina Italian. I asked to omit the chilli flakes on top. 8/10.

The pork spare ribs were much better this cruise than in May. Neater, pulled apart and sauce mild. amine were a 8.5/10. The same ones on lido buffet were not even close to appearance but appeared acceptable. 

IMG_2640.png

IMG_2641.png

IMG_2642.png

IMG_2643.png

IMG_2666.jpeg

IMG_2667.jpeg

IMG_2669.jpeg

IMG_2671.jpeg

IMG_2672.jpeg

IMG_2674.jpeg

IMG_2675.jpeg

IMG_2676.jpeg

• Like 3

Final- the priority Disembarkation is 7am if have all luggage and platinum/diamond. We were off ship exactly at that time and on road at 7:15am pulling out of parking lot. I have saved the fun times if any questions or want me to try and post. 

It did not bother us, but this cruise was a fall break for CA. Kids were not that bad, it was adults with extreme loud voices. Also surprising that the lido area was usually full tables (maybe because kids and dinner length.) I noted our MDR arriving at 5:15 usually took until 6:50-7. Last cruise was an hour. Seems another cut back, even though had three listed as servers usually had one server doing entire meal from bread to dessert solo. 

I appreciated the cruise director was not on PA system all the time. The pool was very full of teens, by last evening the lido area had two official in black security. Did not see any incidents, but good to see their presence. 

That’s it for now- fins up. Or for Carnival Whale tale. 

any questions? 

IMG_2618.jpeg

• Like 8

We were on this cruise as well. A lot of Arizona schools were on fall break as well.  Lots of kids.  Camp Carnival was packed and there were long lines, but no surprise there.

My husband had the prime rib and said it was the best thing he had on the ship.  We ate at La Cucina and the steakhouse.  I have kids menus for those restaurants if anyone wants them since they are rarely ever posted.  We only ate in the MDR once.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 10/15/2023 at 5:25 PM, Buckett said:

Thank you for the info! I have a group of 10 doing this cruise (3 days, just to Ensenada) so it's nice to know what to expect. 

On 10/15/2023 at 5:25 PM, Buckett said:

Thank you for the info! I have a group of 10 doing this cruise (3 days, just to Ensenada) so it's nice to know what to expect.

Thurs

On 10/11/2023 at 12:04 PM, Buffettfan 225 said:

Build a bear today on ship at 4pm today Wed Ensenada day reservation required. 

Side note breakfast dry cereal - if you are looking for lucky charms bs fruit loops they may be at back pool bs lido area I noted machine fillips vary. 

Tonights menu : (commentary why are some nights multiple great entree choices, and another night meh. ? ) All food is great of course, but that is my opinion. I have been ordering fruit plate as an appetizer without any problem, just be clear. 

I may have a free signal later from Ensenada and post lunch buffet, not sure in dinner but will follow up. 

If looking any activities I can check the hub ask and answer. 

IMG_2643.png

IMG_2642.png

IMG_2641.png

IMG_2640.png

at sea day Carnival Radiance four day lido buffet lunch menu

• 2 weeks later...