P & O flights to Caribbean - where in London?

seahorse001

Hi

I looking at a P & O cruise to Caribbean Jan/Feb 2024. I cant go from Manchester. The only other choice is LONDON? 

Does anybody know which London airports P & O use please? it makes a massive difference to me as I need to know if/how I can get to the airport, flight times, do I need to stay in hotel night before etc

I find it awfully strange they just say London ? weird !

thanks in advance  

5 minutes ago, seahorse001 said:

Hi

I looking at a P & O cruise to Caribbean Jan/Feb 2024. I cant go from Manchester. The only other choice is LONDON? 

Does anybody know which London airports P & O use please? it makes a massive difference to me as I need to know if/how I can get to the airport, flight times, do I need to stay in hotel night before etc

thanks in advance  

In the past it has largely been Gatwick but with the recent difficulties procuring aircraft, it could be elsewhere. Other possibilities are Heathrow and Stansted.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Britboys said:

In the past it has largely been Gatwick but with the recent difficulties procuring aircraft, it could be elsewhere. Other possibilities are Heathrow and Stansted.

Thank You. Stanstead would be a nightmare for me . Gatwick/Heathrow are  doable. 

Would you happen to know when they let you know where you are flying from please ?

17 minutes ago, seahorse001 said:

Thank You. Stanstead would be a nightmare for me . Gatwick/Heathrow are  doable. 

Would you happen to know when they let you know where you are flying from please ?

No, sorry I don't. I've only done one Caribbean fly-cruise with P&O - and that was 12 years ago...😁

• Like 1

In recent years most flights have been from Gatwick as they are charters.  A few have been from Heathrow - the Antigua flights in 2022/23 - used Virgin Atlantic.  I cannot recall Stansted being used in the last 10 years but that doesn't mean there haven't been just that I can't recall any.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Like 1

On 10/10/2023 at 6:48 PM, seahorse001 said:

Hi

thanks in advance  

update to tjis thread. Cruise booked & flights are on my P & O account - it is indeed Gatwick , thanks everyone . However , i have also discovered that they charge for seats (what's that all about, even on EasyJet/Ryanair you don't HAVE TO pay for seats!!!). I have done another thread on this 

14 minutes ago, seahorse001 said:

update to tjis thread. Cruise booked & flights are on my P & O account - it is indeed Gatwick , thanks everyone . However , i have also discovered that they charge for seats (what's that all about, even on EasyJet/Ryanair you don't HAVE TO pay for seats!!!). I have done another thread on this 

You will find low cost carriers do charge for seats even BA and major carriers do or just let them assign seats. 

Per EasyJet site “You can choose where you’d like to sit for a fee”. Free to pick if on a flexi booking or a card holder. Ryanair offers the option to purchase reserved seats or free seats, which are assigned randomly during check-in. BA it depends on ticket type. Basic chargeable unless you let them allocate on check in for you. First class it’s free.

Edited by carlanthony24