Family Inside on the Epic

Smitheroo

Does anyone know what the Family Inside cabins on the Epic are like?  The description has "separate bathrooms".  Are they referring to the odd arrangement of the bathroom on the Epic inside cabins?  Toilet separate from shower?    I read someone's review at one time and I thought the person wrote that there was an area in the family inside that the 3rd and 4th person could stay in which would give person 1 and 2 more privacy.  Is anyone familiar with this?  I'm wondering if sharing a family inside with another non-spouse adult would give each person a little more room and possibly privacy

Check out this "old" YT video, specific to the Epic ... pretty nothing has changed since, from what I know.  The separate toilet closet and shower closet is just like the ones for the Balcony & Club Balcony Suite (there are no Oceanviews for the Epic, as you might know)  It does not afford more or extra privacy either.  There is a sliding curtain that you can pull across to separate the shared sleeping/living space from the shower/toilet area, bring an extra bulldog clip or two as you can secure the curtain in place.  There is no place, aside from the 2 clothing hooks, for clothing changes while the toilet and especially the shower - we found it helpful to use a hanger (from home).  

Ugh, this is not very good for two people who are not closely related.  The only sink is outside of the toilet and shower. Some people dont like to be on display brushing their teeth for example.   I guess the account I read of a family inside cabin was in another ship.  I knew the regular inside cabins  on the Epic was like this one in the video.  I'm thinking for me and my son in law as travel partners this would not work.  I'm not even crazy about sharing it with my sister in law. It is meant for two people (i cant imagine it with guests 3 and 4) who dont care about privacy. I guess we will just have to spend more and get two inside cabins or even studios.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Smitheroo said:

Ugh, this is not very good for two people who are not closely related.  The only sink is outside of the toilet and shower. Some people dont like to be on display brushing their teeth for example.   I guess the account I read of a family inside cabin was in another ship.  I knew the regular inside cabins  on the Epic was like this one in the video.  I'm thinking for me and my son in law as travel partners this would not work.  I'm not even crazy about sharing it with my sister in law. It is meant for two people (i cant imagine it with guests 3 and 4) who dont care about privacy. I guess we will just have to spend more and get two inside cabins or even studios.

If you are looking at an inside cabin anyway, two side by side studios would be better. I think some are even connecting. Plus you would have access to the studio lounge.

Sharing an inside on Epic with my husband would work, but I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. I would really like to have my own bathroom if traveling with others Some people have different comfort levels. Do what will make you comfortable.

9 minutes ago, Cruising Lynne said:

If you are looking at an inside cabin anyway, two side by side studios would be better. I think some are even connecting. Plus you would have access to the studio lounge.

Sharing an inside on Epic with my husband would work, but I wouldn't want to do it with anyone else. I would really like to have my own bathroom if traveling with others Some people have different comfort levels. Do what will make you comfortable.

thank you for your perspective, it is similar to mine although I'm not sure I'd even want to do it with my husband lol.   Connecting studios sound good but I think you'd get a little more room with solo in an inside cabin.  I have to work on this.   I am also looking at the Aft Balconies. I notice the Epic has 4 types of balconies, the Aft Balcony, the Family Balcony, the Large Balcony, the solo  balcony.  There might even be a regular balcony in there which would make 5 types. The last one's balcony sounds really small, for 1 person.  The Aft Balcony looks very nice yet still affordable.

• Like 1

If you are not comfortable being dishabille with your cabin mate then two separate cabins are the way forward. Think of it like sharing a tiny hotel room. No matter what the words say these are for people who are comfortable together. I read a great review of four men in an inside who usually did hunting trips together in a tent. For them it worked great as they considered it a vast improvement on four guys in a tent with no bathroom.

On 10/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, Catchum said:

If you are not comfortable being dishabille with your cabin mate then two separate cabins are the way forward. Think of it like sharing a tiny hotel room. No matter what the words say these are for people who are comfortable together. I read a great review of four men in an inside who usually did hunting trips together in a tent. For them it worked great as they considered it a vast improvement on four guys in a tent with no bathroom.

On 10/11/2023 at 4:28 PM, Catchum said:

Actually 4 guys in a tent with no bathroom would probably have more privacy.  I would have no problem sharing a regular inside cabin with someone other than my spouse. In fact, I did in February. My son in law (about 40 yrs younger) and I did share an inside cabin on the Joy with a *normal* bathroom arrangement. Shower, toilet and sink in one enclosed room. It was not a problem. This arrangement on the Epic is different. And the sink away from the toilet and in the room is the worst part.  A sink should always be near the toilet for sanitary reasons. (I know this is the situation in some hotels, with the sink outside of the bathroom) But I knew about this arrangement, I was just wondering if the Family Insides on the Epic were arranged any differently. The description mentions *separate* bathrooms. I think by *separate* they must mean that the toilet, sink and shower are all separate from each other, not that there is another bathroom for guests 3 and 4.  I agree that separate cabins on the Epic is the way to go.