How to apply FCC to booking

JillK

I was recently issued a 10% coupon that I would like to apply to an existing booking (final payment next April). 

I booked this cruise through an NCL PCC so have full access to making payments online through myncl.

I can see the FCC in my coupons and credits but am not sure how I can apply it to the booking. It says "Click to see your discount" but when I click on it, all I get is a statement and no indication of how much the discount will total (though I can assume by calculating my base fare). The statement reads: "This coupon is considered a credit. In order to secure your booking, please ensure an additional form of payment is selected. This coupon does not cover taxes and fees associated with the booking. This discount is only applicable towards your voyage fare."

In order to put in another form of payment, I have to select an amount to charge.... should I ballpark what I think the value of the FCC is and then add some padding that should in theory get charged to my card or at this point should I contact my PCC? I feel like this is something I should be able to handle without her assistance but it certainly isn't as straight-forward as I imagined it would be.

Thanks!

Thanks both for your replies. 

As fate would have it, my PCC called me in the afternoon as the price on the balcony cabin had dropped so she was looking to see if I wanted to upgrade from my inside. 

I mentioned to her that the FCC had come through so she was able to adjust the price of the quote. We elected to pay a few hundred more to move into a balcony so the 10% off helped us get there. 😉

We were booked for PRIMA 2025 leaving from NYC.  We just received an email saying due to redeployment of the various ships this cruise is CANCELLED - so disappointed.  We were told we would get our deposit back in full from that cruise and get a 10 per cent discount on our next NCL cruise due to their cancellation.  SO - we booked PRIMA out of NYC this December 2023 - we had to make full payment since cruise was so soon.  We asked for the 10 per cent discount promised - we were told that the FCC cannot be issued till later.  SO we paid in full and I hope that when we get the FCC we will get a refund!!!  We were told 10 percent discount on ANY cruise before December 2025 - so I just hope they make good and return the 10 per cent they promised.  They said the software would NOT issue FCC till later.  Yet we had to pay in full - has this ever happened to anyone else? It would not be fair to make us wait to use FCC on yet another cruise as we were promised 10 per cent off ANY cruise before December 2025.