Cost for Behind the Fun tour on Mardi Gras

bar1068

Seems the CC search function is having issues, so posting this question here. 

Sailing a B2B on Mardi Gras this weekend. Meeting friends on second leg and we've all decided to do the Behind the Fun tour if we can get it booked.  

Carnival website shows a cost range of $90-$150. I'm thinking the Mardi Gras cost will be $150, just wanted to ask here if thats what the cost is from anyone thats done the tour. Thanks.

And don't bring a cellphone or camera with you; they are verboten and Security will check.   

A Security officer will accompany the tour, since some of the areas (Bridge, Engineering Control) are restricted.  

11 hours ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

So - we've taken this tour on Fantasy, Spirit, and Conquest class ships. I'm thinking that there's not much more to see on an Excel class ship (I mean, do they cut the vegetables in a different direction or something .. lol)?

Yeah, the Excel class is so completely similar to those other ships that I'm sure everything is pretty much exactly the same.....

...NOT.  

It all depends on how much you actually care about the behind-the-scenes stuff, of course, but the class is so much bigger and more complex than those others, there's bound to be all sorts of new stuff.  For one thing, Excel ships are LNG-powered, which is vastly different from any other class of ship Carnival has -- or, for that matter, most other lines.