Ground transportation to Pt Everglades

cruzdaddy

Sorry but I'm not sure where to post this question: There will be 6 of us traveling from Lake Worth to Pt Everglades for the 11/06/06 sailing of the EOS. I will be bringing my handicapped daughter's power chair and manual Convaid stroller plus luggage for 6. Does anyone know of any reliable car service that could accomodate us?

• 5 months later...

we have gone on 2 cruises from port everglades. we called from boston to have a hc cab waiting for us and they told us there were plenty of them. there is a stand right outside the baggage claim but it took us between 30 and 60 minutes of waiting to get a cab.......sorry good luck

If you call RCCL you can possibly get a bus that will take you directly to the port. We have used them before and they were able to accommodate hubby's motorized scooter plus all of our luggage. Best of all they drop you right at the port and will be there when your ships docks to pick you up. From Orlando it costs us $60 each

Our experience with the accessible taxi was not as bad as Rangely's. It only took about 15 minutes to get one after requesting it from the dispatcher outside baggage claim. However, accessible taxis only have room for 3 or 4 passengers so you may need 2 taxis.

RCCL will provide accessible transfers for the same price as regular ones; however be sure to get it in writing (an email will do.) We have found that often something gets "lost" between RCCL and their ground transportation companies.

Archived