Family Cruise Memento

NiceAunt

Hello!   My husband and I are taking our blended family of 11 on a Thanksgiving Cruise.   Adult children, spouses, nephews, mother, in-laws, etc.  We are all adults ages 25-80.   I would like to give everyone a small cruise memento when we board.   My husband has requested no family tee-shirts, hats or can koozies.    I was thinking of a magnet with our picture and date of cruise, or maybe a small tote bag.    Prefer to stay under $20 per item.   Any and all ideas are appreciated!   Thank you!!! 

Edited by NiceAunt

3 minutes ago, NiceAunt said:

Hello!   My husband and I are taking our blended family of 11 on a Thanksgiving Cruise.   Adult children, spouses, nephews, mother, in-laws, etc.  We are all adults ages 25-80.   I would like to give everyone a small cruise memento when we board.   My husband has requested no family tee-shirts, hats or can koozies.    I was thinking of a magnet with our picture and date of cruise, or maybe a small tote bag.    Prefer to stay under $20 per item.   Any and all ideas are appreciated!   Thank you!!! 

I have made many projects on Shutterfly.com including magnets and tote bags/shopping bags with photos on them.  There are many different size magnets to choose from.  I suggest you look at them for some ideas.  If you have all the items shipped to one address you only pay one shipping fee.  Shipping ahead of time to each address adds to the cost.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

I agree, Shutterfly is a great source. 

I looked on the site for “Gifts Under $25”, and cotton tote bags are $16.99. I have one of these and bought as gifts a couple of times…an off white canvas fabric with straps, upload your own design. You could use the itinerary map & date or whatever you like.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

LOL!  My hubby also requests no matching tees on family cruises!

For our upcoming family Thanksgiving cruise, I have purchased personalized tumblers for everyone—navy for male, light blue for female.  Each tumbler says “Oh Ship!  It’s a D____ Family Trip!”  Name is on the other side

I also got each cabin a personalized magnets—Large Thanksgiving Turkey with smaller personalized turkeys.

I really enjoy planning little things to enhance our cruises.  One a recent girls’ trip, I got everyone personalized Captain hats for sail away.

Each cruiser on their first cruise also gets a Bon Voyage bag— magnetized wall hooks, Downey wrinkle release, ear plugs, eye masks, sea sickness pills, etc.

I get the personalized material on Etsy.

AA9E9BF3-B84E-4339-9112-7389086249DB.jpeg

88B1B769-CBC2-40AC-B7C4-33BBA96A8437.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Caribbean Chris said:

Another thought is a personalized bag tag - Vistaprint makes these with the metal screw-type ring that attaches to bag handle. You could even combine with one or two of the plastic holders that are perfect size for HAL self-printed bag tag. 

When we took our adult children's to Europe a few years ago, I handed out customized metal luggage tags - before the cruise - and they have held up well (except for the ones that the airlines have ripped off.)  See photo below.  Each tag was different.  Here is a link to making them on Shutterfly.

Untitled.jpg.7be177540044ef41f4d5964fe19ac1e4.jpg

Edited by Iamthesea
  • Like 3

The lanyard and bags are nice suggestions as everyone would be able to get some use. One thing I always download from HAL website is a map of the cruise itinerary. Printing that with whatever else you want on a shirt, lanyard, bag, tag, etc. keeps the memories of where you went. 

• Like 3