Loft 19

Bob NC

26 minutes ago, mz-s said:

is special food included? or is it the same buffet food just that somebody goes and gets it and brings it to you

They go get your food from a variety of different places for lunch.

I'd usually get an omelette in the morning and carry it up to the cabana for breakfast.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, klfrodo said:

Well, I was going to say Thanks for helping keep Loft 19 a bit of a secret. Now, everybody will want one and the price will increase dramatically.

I try too keep up, but I didn't even know about it until a couple weeks before the cruise.

I can't see the price going up much more than it is currently.

2 minutes ago, Bob NC said:

I try too keep up, but I didn't even know about it until a couple weeks before the cruise.

I can't see the price going up much more than it is currently.

Supposedly the cabanas can be hard to get so I can definitely see the price go up.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bob NC said:

Last week there were just 3 cabanas occupied.

It may have been they were only so popular back when a lot of cruisers had bonus OBC to spend due to the COVID shutdown.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mz-s said:

It may have been they were only so popular back when a lot of cruisers had bonus OBC to spend due to the COVID shutdown.

On our NYE on the Celebration this year, only one cabana is left.  And I paid full price - $2,000 plus the automatic gratuity.  

• Like 2

What the heck ?? !!!

I thought I'd just go in and see how many were left for our 10/22 Celebration sailing. I booked our cabana months ago (same one we had in May) for $2,000. Now I see that they're running a "sale", apparently since there are 7 left (out of 12).

I wonder if I can get a refund or some OBC !!

i-VX2P7zF-L.jpg

Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

What the heck ?? !!!

I thought I'd just go in and see how many were left for our 10/22 Celebration sailing. I booked our cabana months ago (same one we had in May) for $2,000. Now I see that they're running a "sale", apparently since there are 7 left (out of 12).

I wonder if I can get a refund or some OBC !!

i-VX2P7zF-L.jpg

Tom

Pretty sure you can cancel and rebook to get the new price. 

4 minutes ago, lazydayz said:

Pretty sure you can cancel and rebook to get the new price. 

Yep - I just called "the fun shops" and was told to do the same. I then pointed out to them that I did the exact same thing for a prior sailing (after already having our preferred cabana) a year or more ago. Thirty seconds later, when I went to rebook at the lower price, the one I had released was not returned to inventory. I kept checking several times over the next hours, and even days - and it never came back up. Thus, I didn't end up having a cabana that sailing, as there's only one we like.

So... I'll just let it go - and know that I paid a premium to get our preferred cabana...

Tom

2 minutes ago, Tom-n-Cheryl said:

Yep - I just called "the fun shops" and was told to do the same. I then pointed out to them that I did the exact same thing for a prior sailing (after already having our preferred cabana) a year or more ago. Thirty seconds later, when I went to rebook at the lower price, the one I had released was not returned to inventory. I kept checking several times over the next hours, and even days - and it never came back up. Thus, I didn't end up having a cabana that sailing, as there's only one we like.

So... I'll just let it go - and know that I paid a premium to get our preferred cabana...

Tom

No. 5?  

Oh - wait -- never mind !!

It was actually $2065 I paid (which includes tax/gratuity/whatever!). I went in and did a mock booking of another cabana (at $1750) and the total came out to.... $2,065 !!!

So... sale, schmale !!!

Tom