Can you swim with sea lions in Cabo

Szt

This will be our first cruise to Mexican Riviera. We’ve done the Caribbean many times. We have snorkeled, swam with dolphins, stingrays, sharks, pigs and even swam with manatees once (that was a trip!). But I am wondering if there is a way to swim with sea lions? I had decided to do a glass boat tour to see the fish, rays and turtles. Snorkeling has gotten more difficult as we get older. But to get in the water and swim with sea lions would really be something worth doing. Is that possible?

Sea lions like to swim with people. The first time I swam around the Santa Cruz pier (I live near there), a sea lion followed me around the pier and then swam under me when I got near the beach on the other side. Freaked me all the heck out! Other times, I swam too close to the pier and they all swarmed under me to keep me away from their food. 🤣

Anyway, Google says there are excursions in Cabo to swim with sea lions. Maybe someone who has been on one will post about how it went.

• Like 2

In Cozumel (I think) we booked a “swim with the seal” excursion. It was at a park where they had snorkeling, dolphin and manatee swims, and other recreational activities. In general the place was fun. But the seal swim was in a pool, with one seal who we each got to touch once as it swam by us standing in the water. What a huge disappointment! Ever since I’ve wanted to do this. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks. We will be in Cabo but not stopping in PV this trip. I did find out there are excursions that go to where you can actually swim in the ocean and play with pups. But it’s quite a distance from the port and takes a 10 hr day. We don’t have that kind of time. So I think we will have to be satisfied with seeing the sea lions as Pelican Rock.