Kusadasi tour of Ephesus and Sirince Village

Was there in September and I HIGHLY recommend Ephesus Shuttle and the tour of Ephesus and Sirince Village.  Ephesus was amazing and the views from the Sirince Village were breathtaking.  Our lunch in the village was delicious as well and there were many lovely shops.  Emre was our guide and I also HIGHLY recommend him as your guide.  Incredibly knowledgeable, fun, great sense of humor, and just an all around credit to the industry!!

• Like 1

On 10/13/2023 at 7:26 PM, BaseballMomof4 said:

Was there in September and I HIGHLY recommend Ephesus Shuttle and the tour of Ephesus and Sirince Village.  Ephesus was amazing and the views from the Sirince Village were breathtaking.  Our lunch in the village was delicious as well and there were many lovely shops.  Emre was our guide and I also HIGHLY recommend him as your guide.  Incredibly knowledgeable, fun, great sense of humor, and just an all around credit to the industry!!

Fab Timing!  Just reached out to them.  Booked next Oct (2024) to visit and didn't have a clue what to book.  I just looked them up and this looks perfect and afforable. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your experience. Did they make you attend any rug/carpet or leather sales pitches? Was it optional if they did? Quite a few reviews on trip advisor have mentioned this but I don't see it as part of the itinerary on their website. Thanks in advance!

12 minutes ago, Thatmakes7 said:

Hi there. Thanks for sharing your experience. Did they make you attend any rug/carpet or leather sales pitches? Was it optional if they did? Quite a few reviews on trip advisor have mentioned this but I don't see it as part of the itinerary on their website. Thanks in advance!

No, they do not make you go anywhere.  At the beginning of the day, they will ask if you want to go to a rug outlet or to a leather outlet.  If you say no, you don't go.  We went to an amazing leather store the first time we were in Kusadasi but this time we said we wanted to spend our time in Ephesus and the Village so that's exactly what we did.   They are not pushy about these places but will offer the option.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

thank you for posting, I am interested in booking this.     Also, did this tour take you to the terrace houses?

thanks.

There are a variety of tours to choose from and many of them include the Terraced Houses.  You can't go wrong with this company, they are fantastic.  If you can get Emre as your guide even better!  Enjoy!  Kusadasi was my husband's favorite place out of all of the ports we visited!!  It is a beautiful country.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, melusina said:

What did ypu think.of Sirince village?

I cannot resist this question.  We enjoy walking around Sirince and looking at some of the small shops and stands.  It is also a town with its share of eating venues/restaurants where we have enjoyed lunch.  But the reality is that Sirince has gone from a quiet rural village to a regional tourist trap!  If one has a car (we have rented cars in Kusadasi) and drives an hour (or so) from town to a place like Tire, they will see the real Turkey sans tourists/tourism.  It is a completely different experience.

12 hours ago, Hlitner said:

I cannot resist this question.  We enjoy walking around Sirince and looking at some of the small shops and stands.  It is also a town with its share of eating venues/restaurants where we have enjoyed lunch.  But the reality is that Sirince has gone from a quiet rural village to a regional tourist trap!  If one has a car (we have rented cars in Kusadasi) and drives an hour (or so) from town to a place like Tire, they will see the real Turkey sans tourists/tourism.  It is a completely different experience.

Thanks. Thats5the impression i got. Maybe we'll have a relatively quiet day and just do Ephesus and old town Kusadasi.

On 12/22/2023 at 9:25 PM, melusina said:

Thanks. Thats5the impression i got. Maybe we'll have a relatively quiet day and just do Ephesus and old town Kusadasi.

Love that port and our many visits to "Genuine Fake Watches."  :).

Hank

On 12/18/2023 at 9:45 AM, CCJack said:

thank you for posting, I am interested in booking this.     Also, did this tour take you to the terrace houses?

thanks.

When we used Ephesus Shuttle ten years ago -- BTW, we have them booked for another private tour next May when we return to Kusadasi -- we modified the offered private tour to include the Terrace Houses.  Ephesus Shuttle was quite accommodating.  We skipped the rug factory (sales pitch), too. 

• 1 month later...
On 12/28/2023 at 10:03 AM, Scubadoobie2 said:

When we used Ephesus Shuttle ten years ago -- BTW, we have them booked for another private tour next May when we return to Kusadasi -- we modified the offered private tour to include the Terrace Houses.  Ephesus Shuttle was quite accommodating.  We skipped the rug factory (sales pitch), too. 

Was looking at using them for a tour this September.  Any idea why they need our DOB and home address when making a reservation? I just felt a little uncomfortable giving out that info.

11 hours ago, erby2283 said:

Was looking at using them for a tour this September.  Any idea why they need our DOB and home address when making a reservation? I just felt a little uncomfortable giving out that info.

I've sent an email to my contact at Ephesus Shuttle, Fevzi, asking why they need to know date of birth and home address.  He will likely respond within a day, maybe two.  Just to be safe, please post same question in a couple of days to remind me where this question came from.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scubadoobie2 said:

I've sent an email to my contact at Ephesus Shuttle, Fevzi, asking why they need to know date of birth and home address.  He will likely respond within a day, maybe two.  Just to be safe, please post same question in a couple of days to remind me where this question came from.  

Thanks so mich!

13 hours ago, erby2283 said:

I just made a reservation with them for a September tour via email.     We were not asked DOB and home address.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, CCJack said:

I just made a reservation with them for a September tour via email.     We were not asked DOB and home address.

Ok thank you - so maybe I should do it via email and not online and they won't ask.  Any chance your tour is for 9/9? 😃

23 minutes ago, erby2283 said:

Ok thank you - so maybe I should do it via email and not online and they won't ask.  Any chance your tour is for 9/9? 😃

No, we are in Kusadasi on 9/2..... Good luck..!

• Like 1

On 1/30/2024 at 5:45 PM, erby2283 said:

Here is the email reply I received to my question about why they need birth dates and home addresses:  

Hello Edward,

These places are not compulory.

Ages of guests are important for us to organise guide.

If group members are young, we would like to organise a young guide for them.  

If group members are older, we try to organise a guide whose age is close to our guests.

They can share just the State where they live. Most of our guides have been in USA. We prefer to organise a guide who has been in their state before.

As I have told you before, these sections are not compulsory sections

If they do not want to send us a form, they can email us names, tour  name , date and cruise name

We will send them their confirmation

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any question you may have .
With our warmest love and greetings,
Fevzi Turhan
Specialized in Private and Small Group Tours in Turkey & Greece since 1993
Ephesus Shuttle
www.ephesusshuttle.com
info@ephesusshuttle.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1