Single Supplement Special: Explain?

njguy_south

Can someone explain the current Single Supplement Special?  When I link to the available cruises, one of interest is Dec. 20, 2025. According to the website, the Single Supplement is only 25% for a DELUXE VERANDA SUITE G or certain other categories. The price showing is $5,599 (pp for 2 people). So the Single Supplements (+25%) should make the cruise $6,998.

Yet, when I go through the process of Plan My Cruise, the price showing is $11,198.  Am I missing something?

njguy - I have also noticed the same thing in the past when I have "researched" on my own for having some single friends accompany us on cruises where single supplement reductions have been advertised.  When researching online, the website showed the full price as if two people were going.

So this leads me to believe that you will only get that special/reduced price if the cruise is either priced/booked directly with a Regent Agent or through your Travel Agent (who will also be in direct contact with Regent Booking office) to have that discount applied.  The online RSSC app won't automatically apply the discounted single-supplement offer.  Best Regards.

Edited by pingpong1
  • Like 1

The explanation to this price difference is both simple and not simple!  I did the math the same way you did and then got an astoundingly different quote,

. So, i called the TA for an explanation.  I hope I can explain it correctly.  The $5599 quoted price is the special, "two for one".  Once you switch to the Single  Supplement deal, you are no longer eligible for the "two for One" price, because you are a Single.  So, the price that is used to arrive at the , "single supplement " total is not based on the $5599 price, but on the original brochure price.  Yikes!! that makes the Single Supplement, 25% deal laughable. A Very misleading offer. I hope this explanation helps!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BettyDol said:

The explanation to this price difference is both simple and not simple!  I did the math the same way you did and then got an astoundingly different quote,

. So, i called the TA for an explanation.  I hope I can explain it correctly.  The $5599 quoted price is the special, "two for one".  Once you switch to the Single  Supplement deal, you are no longer eligible for the "two for One" price, because you are a Single.  So, the price that is used to arrive at the , "single supplement " total is not based on the $5599 price, but on the original brochure price.  Yikes!! that makes the Single Supplement, 25% deal laughable. A Very misleading offer. I hope this explanation helps!

Yes, that is very misleading!!

8 hours ago, njguy_south said:

Can someone explain the current Single Supplement Special?  When I link to the available cruises, one of interest is Dec. 20, 2025. According to the website, the Single Supplement is only 25% for a DELUXE VERANDA SUITE G or certain other categories. The price showing is $5,599 (pp for 2 people). So the Single Supplements (+25%) should make the cruise $6,998.

Yet, when I go through the process of Plan My Cruise, the price showing is $11,198.  Am I missing something?

Call Regent and ask for the single supplement rate. Or get your travel advisor to book it for you. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vicrea123 said:

Call Regent and ask for the single supplement rate. Or get your travel advisor to book it for you. 

True, and simple solution, but then Regent should not link online users to their Single Supplement Specials and have a link for getting the quoted fare, if it is not correct. I was attempting to save contacting my TA until I had a ballpark fare. Such a shame a cruise line like Regent has a website with such a major glitch.

28 minutes ago, BettyDol said:

I doubt this is correct. I always book solo travel. Have to ask my TA to book it.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 1

I am booked on a TA next year with a 0% single supplement. The price is exactly the same as what is advertised for one person in the suite. You won’t be eligible for any other promotions but the savings for a solo traveler are tremendous and I can’t find a better deal on any other cruise line I typically book. Please note that these promotions are incredibly popular and if I had waited another couple of weeks I would not have been able to take advantage of this great opportunity. So if you’re really interested, book now!

• Like 2