Norwegian Viva

Estate60045

On newer NCL ships with updated HDTV, the default input signal for interactive video signal, as far as I can tell & seen myself, are via secured ethernet wired cable (Cat 6+) and the monitor will NOT even boot to the menu systems without its customized Linux OS.  It's possible to connect via 1 of the several HDMI inputs or even VGA or DP/DVI port, but it's useless. The OS that it runs on, including access to TV channels, Onboard Account and other functions are firmware locked against changes ... and you can't stream or cast, or run Chromecast, etc.  Sail and sustain, for y/our (in)convenience ... NCL.  

21 hours ago, The Traveling Man said:

The V!va is probably arranged the same as the Pr1ma.  I can’t be sure about Haven stateroom TVs, but in the regular cabins last year on the Pr1ma it was not possible to connect other devices via HDMI.

We did the inaugural Transatlantic on the Prima last year and I was able to connect my Android TV. Before the cruise I did notice I would need a long HDMI cable and brought along a 15 footer. It worked great and we were able to stream Netflix which made cabin quarantine with corona somewhat better.

PXL_20220930_185826188.jpg

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 11:27 AM, sicness4x4 said:

We did the inaugural Transatlantic on the Prima last year and I was able to connect my Android TV. Before the cruise I did notice I would need a long HDMI cable and brought along a 15 footer. It worked great and we were able to stream Netflix which made cabin quarantine with corona somewhat better.

PXL_20220930_185826188.jpg

Thanks for the info.  When we were on the Pr1ma on the cruise after yours I didn’t try to connect, but heard one the crew members tell someone that it was not possible.

On 10/16/2023 at 5:27 AM, sicness4x4 said:

I am totally surprised since the Wi-Fi was almost useless on the next cruise. To the point of iConnect providing full refunds to anyone requesting them. (We waited to the last night to cancel).