Musica Review October 2023

Beamafar

4 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We received a very nice gift to the cabin from the guest relations team this evening - a ship’s model.

No prize for guessing what the Diamond gift was. 🤣

How lovely. 

I think you should open a shop, Bea's Bags has a nice ring to it 😉 

If we get more next week I'm going to try and barter for a mouse mat or sell them half price outside the shop 😂

• Haha 1

We met one of the GR team (the woman who had arranged for the model to be sent to us) as we were disembarking.  She asked if we’d opened it and I said that I hadn’t.  She told me that it has been signed by the captain and that we have the first one to have this done.  👍 

• Like 7

We’ve had a wonderful time on Musica. The crew were the best!!!   We befriended people onboard and had great fun.
I’d had reservations about returning to an older, smaller ship.  Now, I wouldn’t hesitate to go back on any of the pre-Meraviglia ships.  As a very good friend said “Big is not always best”. 

• Like 6

5 hours ago, Beamafar said:

We’ve had a wonderful time on Musica. The crew were the best!!!   We befriended people onboard and had great fun.
I’d had reservations about returning to an older, smaller ship.  Now, I wouldn’t hesitate to go back on any of the pre-Meraviglia ships.  As a very good friend said “Big is not always best”. 

Absolutely! If the ship maintenance is great, and it seems at least on Musica it is, and the service doesn't suffer too much for an excess of trainees to regular experienced folks, why not? But in MSC's case I wouldn't do the Lírica class. Too out of standards for my taste, but that is perhaps somewhat personal... Musica onward is wonderful. And the Fantasia, which is the oldest one with an YC is on her 11th year in operation if my memory sticks. Not exactly a new ship!...

Arrived in Athens, ready to take over the Musica.

As this Review contains basically all the valuable informations, there is no use to start another one. If @Beamafar is OK with it, I just will add a few points (no photos, no menus, all here already) from my side in the next days to reward all readers who made it to page 6 😄 

Our cruise is a little bit different than Beas, it is a big family cruise with family members aged 1 to 77 meet up in Athens today and we go tomorrow morning on the boat. But first a big rest now, after a flight with Scoot you envy the ones who are coming with Ryanair 😛

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, perakcruiser said:

Arrived in Athens, ready to take over the Musica.

As this Review contains basically all the valuable informations, there is no use to start another one. If @Beamafar is OK with it, I just will add a few points (no photos, no menus, all here already) from my side in the next days to reward all readers who made it to page 6 😄 

Our cruise is a little bit different than Beas, it is a big family cruise with family members aged 1 to 77 meet up in Athens today and we go tomorrow morning on the boat. But first a big rest now, after a flight with Scoot you envy the ones who are coming with Ryanair 😛

Yeah! It is a great ship despite her age and those Greece itineraries are usually great. Hope the weather to be better there than here in Portugal where it is extremely rainy these days!!!... Have a wonderful sailing!...