Getaway Room Near Public Restroom

Dina7

Has anyone ever stayed in Balcony Room #8180 or similar, which is located right next to a public restroom? Just wondering if the stateroom would be more noisy or if there is a disadvantage to staying in that location?

Thanks in advance!

2 hours ago, Dina7 said:

Has anyone ever stayed in Balcony Room #8180 or similar, which is located right next to a public restroom? Just wondering if the stateroom would be more noisy or if there is a disadvantage to staying in that location?

Thanks in advance!

Frankly, I have no idea. But it doesn't sound appealing to me.

My practice in choosing cabins is to stay away from anything public - not too close to stairs or elevators, not directly below the public areas (pool deck, sports areas, etc.).

Surely there must be other choices. Are most cabins sold out? How far out is the cruise?

The line does not necessarily show all available cabins online. If that is your situation, try calling and asking a rep for other options.

2 hours ago, Dina7 said:

Has anyone ever stayed in Balcony Room #8180 or similar, which is located right next to a public restroom?Just wondering if the stateroom would be more noisy...

Probably depends on what was served at the buffet that night.  😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

11 minutes ago, cruiser2015 said:

Frankly, I have no idea. But it doesn't sound appealing to me.

My practice in choosing cabins is to stay away from anything public - not too close to stairs or elevators, not directly below the public areas (pool deck, sports areas, etc.).

Surely there must be other choices. Are most cabins sold out? How far out is the cruise?

The line does not necessarily show all available cabins online. If that is your situation, try calling and asking a rep for other options.

Yes, I agree about not being below public areas, but I always book room near elevators…never had a problem & very convenient location. This room is near elevators, but wasn’t sure about being near restrooms. Thanks anyway

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Dina7 said:

Yes, I agree about not being below public areas, but I always book room near elevators…never had a problem & very convenient location. This room is near elevators, but wasn’t sure about being near restrooms. Thanks anyway

With you on the elevator issue.

I'm sailing in January. My cabin is about 5 doors down the corridor from the elevator lobby.

Still, why not try for another option?

Check the deck plans for cabins in your category of choice, then spot the ones you like. Then call NCL and run the #'s past the agent or ask what they have closest to cabin # X.

I would be concerned about toilet flushing.  I am fairly confident that the back wall of the RR shares a wall with your cabin. And, if it’s a Ladies RR the stalls are probably along that wall.  There may be extra sound barrier, but I sure wouldn’t want to hear swoosh all day/night.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Dina7 said:

Thanks in advance!

We are booked in the same cabin. I never noticed the RR next door. We have stayed in cabins next to elevators. We never heard noise. I don't think anyone will be using the RR in the daytime. Probably in the evening because of 2 bars around the corner.We will be out of the cabin then. 

Having a cabin near a public restroom is a plus especially if you have more than 2 people in the cabin. However when I have done this I always make sure it is not right next to our cabin or directly above our cabin. Need a little buffer not to hear swishing sounds all day and sometimes at night.

• Like 1

Just to be clear, there is a fire zone boundary between the cabin and the restroom.  This means there is a full steel bulkhead (in addition to the walls in the cabin and restroom), along with structural fire protection (insulation), and extra "dead space" between the cabin and the fire bulkhead and the fire bulkhead and the restroom.  All of this will moderate noises from the restroom.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3