Beach where you can get decent snorkeling from beach vs boat

heffa72

My family of 5 are heading to Roatan on RCL in April 2024.  My middle son is unwilling to snorkel off a boat (open ocean makes him uncomfortable) - He said he would try snorkeling from the beach of that opportunity arises.  (I guess he feels more comfortable with his feet planted on the ground, who knows lol.)

Anyway, of the various beaches there, do any have half way decent snorkeling from the beach. I know it's a long shot, but figured I'd ask.

Not a long shot at all...the reason I found Roatan is because it is famous for the good reef snorking directly from the sand.  Have a look at the Tabyana excursion or if you would rather Infinity Bay offers day passes. The green flags are the snorkling area, Infinity is the red roof and Tabyana is the next property coming toward the camera. Also there are heaps of utube videos of snorkling in West Bay, they would give you family of taste of what they may experience.

Screen-Shot-2016-06-15-at-4.07.36-PM-960

• Like 1

Tabyana Beach, Infinity Bay, Paradise Beach, Bananarama and Mayan Princess are all next to each other in that picture posted above. An excursion to any of those places will give you great snorkeling. 

The best place to enter the reef is  in front of Infinity Bay but its a short walk from any of those other places.

• Like 2