MSC Seaside Thoughts

Cayman1

I just returned from 3 nights on the MSC Seaside. This was my first time sailing with MSC and overall I have to say that I was extremely impressed, especially for the price. I felt the entertainment was great, the food was good and the service was great as well. There was plenty to do and always seemed to have something going on. Cheaper than Carnival, but a way better experience in my opinion. I went into this with low expectations, but they far exceeded them. I will definitely sail MSC again.

Just wanted to share my opinion with everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Glad you enjoyed it.  You really don’t get a true experience on the 3 day, 4 is just a bit better,  but looking forward to Dec. when I do 10 days on Seashore.   And it’s another option for you to drive to…EM

Edited by Essiesmom

Glad you enjoyed. I have had a great experience with MSC, although it’s not for everyone. If you are open to things not being a carbon copy of the other mainstream cruise line, then it’s a great option at usually a better price.

48 minutes ago, Cayman1 said:

I just returned from 3 nights on the MSC Seaside. This was my first time sailing with MSC and overall I have to say that I was extremely impressed, especially for the price. I felt the entertainment was great, the food was good and the service was great as well. There was plenty to do and always seemed to have something going on. Cheaper than Carnival, but a way better experience in my opinion. I went into this with low expectations, but they far exceeded them. I will definitely sail MSC again.

Just wanted to share my opinion with everyone.

Great to hear

Doing same in 10 days

Did the ship feel crowded?

Thanks 

1 minute ago, joe/jack said:

Great to hear

Doing same in 10 days

Thanks 

No, not really. The only BIG crowds that I experienced were a few times in the buffet and the atrium parties. Aside from that, it wasn't bad at all.

2 hours ago, Cayman1 said:

No, not really. The only BIG crowds that I experienced were a few times in the buffet and the atrium parties. Aside from that, it wasn't bad at all.

Thank you 

My wife is reading her Carnival blogs where many passengers are getting 

Covid. Hopefully that ship has sailed again

i am exited about trying MSC we have been on 15 Princess 10 Royal and 5 Carnival and 1 Margaritaville (don’t waste your money) on that one. 
🛳️🥃🥩

• Like 1

2 hours ago, joe/jack said:

Great to hear

Doing same in 10 days

Thanks 

Are you in Yacht Club?  In YC it's never crowded.  Outside of YC, buffet is crowded during peak meal times.  Atrium parties are always crowded regardless which cruise line/ship you are on.

We were on her maiden voyage and because of low expectations we were surprised. The ship was classy, their entertainment (especially the movie history) was good.

Now two things caused concern. First (because I love soup for lunch) I was disappointed that there was only one day wherea gluten free soup was served. The second was that it was a LONG walk to all the dining options which all were on the rear of the ship (our cabin was slightly forward but mid ship. They should have some food at the rear of the Seaside IMHO.

one more note: our stop in Bermuda was a disaster because there was no way that the little island  could handle the overwhelming number of passengers: they ran one 40 passenger bus from the port every thirty minutes.

1 hour ago, MaisonRose said:

Our stop in Bermuda was a disaster because there was no way that the little island could handle the overwhelming number of passengers: they ran one 40 passenger bus from the port every thirty minutes.

There is also a ferry that operates from the port to downtown Hamilton and it holds a lot more passengers than the bus.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2023 at 3:09 PM, Selion said:

Are you in Yacht Club?  In YC it's never crowded.  Outside of YC, buffet is crowded during peak meal times.  Atrium parties are always crowded regardless which cruise line/ship you are on.

No Yacht Club for us just Bella

1st MSC cruise as The Price was Right

Sailed Margaritaville of the Seas 

last month. Stay away away from that one. Worst cruise ever. Looking forward 

to trying MSC next week 

Wife just read many Covid cases being reported on several cruise ships

Thought that Ship had sailed OH Boy 

• Like 1

Thanks for sharing. Only been on two MSC cruises. The first one was a 4-day and we liked it OK. Really enjoyed Ocean Cay. The second one was Seaside and was a 7 day. Not really a fan. Did not like the ridiculous elevator situation. We felt the included dining options were limited. Food was hit and miss, although the service was OK. Entertainment was pretty good. The theater isn't very big and was always exceptionally cold. I mean, REALLY cold! 

Not really any options to go couples dancing, unless you include dance classes. The price was definitely attractive, but we'l probably stick with RCCL, NCL, Celebrity.

10 hours ago, joe/jack said:

No Yacht Club for us just Bella

1st MSC cruise as The Price was Right

Sailed Margaritaville of the Seas 

last month. Stay away away from that one. Worst cruise ever. Looking forward 

to trying MSC next week 

Wife just read many Covid cases being reported on several cruise ships

Thought that Ship had sailed OH Boy 

Enjoy your cruise!  We've sailed MSC in YC, Fantastica, and most recently in an inside and enjoyed all of them.  Be sure to check out the Venchi bar for its chocolate martini and specialty coffees.  My favorite hang out on the Seaside.  We didn't get the bundled drink & wifi because Venchi isn't included, but that was all we needed!  Too bad the flowing wall of chocolate is no longer running.  Otherwise it's full of the delicious aroma of molten chocolates around the bar.

Edited by Selion