November book club selection

klenklen

I haven't seen book clubs onboard since prior to COVID, so not sure if they are still doing it. Princess has really reduced its libraries.

But, there is a thread right now from someone who was just on the Emerald, so you might want to ask your question here to get recent info.

Edited by karatemom2

14 minutes ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

I've never seen or heard of one other than something put together informally (non-Princess hosted.)

We have been on a few Princess cruises where they were hosted by the Cruise Entertainment Staff. In both cases they had a large selection of the book that had been selected available in the Library and they would hold meet ups throughout the cruise listed in the daily schedule of activities where the cruise director staff in charge of the activity would lead a group discussion through each section with the last meeting being to discuss after everyone had finished the book. As I said, it was before COVID and only on a couple of cruises. I think it was something that was at the discretion of each different entertainment director depending on the ship. It was a nice activity for a long cruise. I remember on one of my Alaska cruises, the book was "The Great Alone" by Kristin Hannah which was set in Alaska.

• Like 1