Our Carnival Venezia B2B - 21 days of "Fun Italian Style" (with pics) - 9/23/23

Jamman54

50 minutes ago, Mrhubbabubba said:

Really enjoying this review and all the pics you guys take. Such a fun experience! Sailing out of New York is definitely on my short list of next cruises to plan. 

Glad you are enjoying the review. We still have a long, long, way to go. Everyone needs to sail out of New York at least once. There's no other sail away like it! :classic_cool:

• Like 7

Here are a few pool and whirlpool views…..

IMG_8324-XL.jpg

IMG_8328-XL.jpg

IMG_8329-XL.jpg

Here is the Pool Bar…..

IMG_8323-XL.jpg

IMG_8326-XL.jpg

I’m heading to the Pool Bar for my first drink. I will be drinking Balashi Beer all day. Notice that I am bringing my own cup. Last time I found out the hard way that they serve all the drinks in 8oz paper cups. They used to serve them in 16oz plastic cups. So now, everyone brings their own cups. No matter the size, the bartenders will fill them up!

IMG_8330-XL.jpg

Patti heads out to explore the area and Palm Beach…..

IMG_8331-XL.jpg

IMG_8332-XL.jpg

IMG_8333-XL.jpg

IMG_8334-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 17

It looks like the storm clouds are rolling in as Patti continues to explore…..

IMG_8336-XL.jpg

IMG_8335-XL.jpg

IMG_8337-XL.jpg

IMG_8339-XL.jpg

IMG_8340-XL.jpg

It begins to rain, so Patti takes cover under a thatched umbrella. Back at the pool I get out of the water and head to the other side of the Pool Bar which is covered by a roof and has seating. I’ll ride the storm out there after I get our stuff out of the rain.

IMG_8350-XL.jpg

It is positively pouring out now…..

IMG_8352-XL.jpg

IMG_8353-XL.jpg

There’s a lot of thunder and lightning happening. Why would these people stay in the water?

IMG_8355-XL.jpg

IMG_8358-XL.jpg

IMG_8360-XL.jpg

I wouldn’t want to be on that catamaran now with that high mast…..

IMG_8365-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 17

It poured for 45 minutes and then it stopped. It wouldn’t rain any more for the rest of the day, but the sun never really came back out either. We were okay with that. Patti continues with her Palm Beach tour by heading up towards the RIU…..

IMG_8367-XL.jpg

IMG_8368-XL.jpg

IMG_8369-XL.jpg

IMG_8370-XL.jpg

IMG_8374-XL.jpg

Patti comes back to the Barcelo to check on me. I had put our stuff back out on the chairs, and exchanged our wet towels for dry ones. Now I am comfortably back in my spot…..  

IMG_8382-XL.jpg

They are set up for a martini tasting. All you need to do for a free martini is dance with the shaker…..

IMG_8380-XL.jpg

IMG_8381-XL.jpg

IMG_8383-XL.jpg

IMG_8384-XL.jpg

IMG_8385-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

• Like 11
  • Haha 5

Patti heads back to the Barcelo. She’s feeling a little hungry and is going to check out the lunch buffet. She asks me if I want to come with her, but I’m perfectly satisfied with my liquid lunch. Patti documents the awesome lunch buffet…..

IMG_8424-XL.jpg

IMG_8425-XL.jpg

IMG_8426-XL.jpg

IMG_8427-XL.jpg

IMG_8428-XL.jpg

IMG_8429-XL.jpg

IMG_8430-XL.jpg

IMG_8431-XL.jpg

IMG_8432-XL.jpg

IMG_8433-XL.jpg

IMG_8434-XL.jpg

IMG_8435-XL.jpg

To be continued……

• Like 13

It’s time to get ready to head back to the ship. I’m having a Pina Colada for my last drink…..

IMG_8470-XL.jpg

We left the Barcelo Aruba around 5pm. There was a line of taxis available to take us back to the ship. We were dropped off just outside the Cruise Terminal. Patti was going to stay out for a while and check out the stores around the port.

I went right back to the ship, then went right up to Guy’s Burger. I took my Pig Patty over to RoCoco and ordered a Thirsty Frog Wheat to wash it down. I had a hard time finishing my beer so I knew I was done drinking and eating for today, so I made my way back to the cabin. Patti came back on board a short time later. Here is today’s towel animal. Looks like Edy is getting a little adventurous…..

IMG_8480-XL.jpg

The laundry that Patti sent out yesterday has been returned…..

IMG_8477-XL.jpg

IMG_8478-XL.jpg

Here are some views of Oranjestad taken from our balcony….

IMG_8481-M.jpg

IMG_8482-XL.jpg

IMG_8484-XL.jpg

IMG_8485-XL.jpg

IMG_8486-XL.jpg

We remained in the cabin the rest of the night relaxing and watching television. We fell asleep before the Venezia sailed away at 10pm.

Coming up next: Our day in Curacao at the Sunscape Resort!

• Like 20

15 minutes ago, Drew B 58 said:

I’d find it interesting to see a comparison between Patti’s step count and yours on any given day on a cruise.  😉  She seems like the Energizer Bunny, never stopping!  I admire that.

It's got to be at least 20 to 1. She never stops moving! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 11
  • Haha 1

On 10/18/2023 at 4:54 PM, Jamman54 said:

Bonsai Sushi is right across from the Amari Bar. We will be eating here later tonight…..

IMG_5487-XL.jpg

IMG_5490-XL.jpg

IMG_5489-XL.jpg

IMG_5488-XL.jpg

The Fahrenheit 555 Steakhouse is also next to the Amari Bar, but we’ll get back to that later. Next up is Bonsai Tappanyaki……

IMG_5492-XL.jpg

IMG_5493-XL.jpg

IMG_5494-XL.jpg

Across the way is Piano Bar 88. The Piano Bar Player for both cruises is Misso…..

IMG_5495-XL.jpg

IMG_5496-XL.jpg

IMG_5497-XL.jpg

The Quora String Trio performs in the Piazza San Marco…..

IMG_5499-XL.jpg

IMG_5500-XL.jpg

IMG_5503-XL.jpg

To be continued…..

OMG i love this trio they performed on the Celebration TA and were fantastic.  Especially when doing Queen.

• Like 1

Happy Sunday Cruise Critic family! Today is all about beer and football,  so I won't be posting anything today. I'll be back at it tomorrow to bring you to our next port of call,  Curacao. Have a great day! 😎

• Like 14
  • Thanks 2

Just now, kdr69 said:

OMG i love this trio they performed on the Celebration TA and were fantastic.  Especially when doing Queen.

They were fantastic! Sat and listened to them many times during our 21 days aboard. 😎

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Happy Sunday Cruise Critic family! Today is all about beer and football,  so I won't be posting anything today. I'll be back at it tomorrow to bring you to our next port of call,  Curacao. Have a great day! 😎

Loving the review as always! Sunday's are football and beer days at our house, too. Waiting for the Chiefs/Dolphins game to start  at 9:30. Enjoy your day!

• Thanks 1

On 11/4/2023 at 6:42 PM, Drew B 58 said:

I’d find it interesting to see a comparison between Patti’s step count and yours on any given day on a cruise.  😉  She seems like the Energizer Bunny, never stopping!  I admire that.

I think of Jamman more as the "Anchor" of the relationship

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

On 11/1/2023 at 2:57 AM, CruzerDeb said:

Wow, Bonsai Teppanyaki looks AMAZING! Carnival should thank you for your review, because I just booked it for my cruise on the Horizon in February!

It IS amazing! During our Sept B2B, which overlapped with @Jamman54 we had dinner twice and lunch once and wanted to go again!!

• Like 2

Day # 13  -  10/05/23  -  Willemstad, Curacao  (8am – 5pm).

We were up at 6:30am just as the Carnival Venezia was approaching Curacao. It is sunny and very hot outside…..

IMG_8496-XL.jpg

IMG_8492-XL.jpg

IMG_8494-XL.jpg

IMG_8495-XL.jpg

Here are today’s Fun Times…..

IMG_8487-XL.jpg

IMG_8488-XL.jpg

IMG_8489-XL.jpg

Captain Crescenzo is pulling the Venezia into the pier in Willemstad, Curacao…..

IMG_8514-XL.jpg

IMG_8508-XL.jpg

IMG_8503-XL.jpg

IMG_8502-L.jpg

Once again, Captain Crescenzo has gotten us into port early. We are docked by 7:15am.

To be continued…..

• Like 11