When is an offer not an offer?

gymfreak

I am on a cruise mid November. I got the offer and took  it for the Ultimate Drinks package. It will be our second Azamara cruise, so 20% is better than 5% from our Adventurer status. I will use OBC to pay for it. Horses for courses as we say in the United Kingdom!

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GUSGB said:

I am on a cruise mid November. I got the offer and took  it for the Ultimate Drinks package. It will be our second Azamara cruise, so 20% is better than 5% from our Adventurer status. I will use OBC to pay for it. Horses for courses as we say in the United Kingdom!

If you manage to apply OBC, then I've missed a trick in assuming that wouldn't be allowed as I paid by cc. OBC, for me at least, is what it says on the tin!

• Thanks 1

On 10/17/2023 at 3:36 PM, anniegb said:

Thanks - no senior moment 🙂

So your loyalty discount gives you a 20% discount of the upgraded price but a newbie to obtain the discounted price has to buy a package which is a flat rate irrespective of length of cruise?? or are they just discounting the upgraded package to increase sales??

Is that correct ?? 

PS I do think it is odd the onboard Experience More package prices are a flat rate irrespective of voyage length (apart from those less than 8 days??) - I think Azamara are missing a trick there.

Don't encourage them!

Yes, it is a good deal, especially if you are on a 21 day voyage - and it was even better at $1499, as it was until recently

Hamrag you have assumed rightly.  Our onboard credit is not showing on our account after numerous times of asking.  So rang Azamara to obtain the 20% on the upgrade to our drinks with our onboard credit that they know we have.  No Can Do apparently, everything else listed on the offer but not drinks with OBC.  As OP has stated when is an offer not an offer!!!

1 hour ago, Lyn Mc said:

Hamrag you have assumed rightly.  Our onboard credit is not showing on our account after numerous times of asking.  So rang Azamara to obtain the 20% on the upgrade to our drinks with our onboard credit that they know we have.  No Can Do apparently, everything else listed on the offer but not drinks with OBC.  As OP has stated when is an offer not an offer!!!

I have never understood why anyone would expect to apply OBC to any spend before boarding, so it makes sense to me! But it is still an offer for us, as we would only get 5% discount on board and DW will happily use our OBC on a spa treatment or two. 😊

The offer implied you could use OBC for all items listed in their offer prior to boarding, and as we are used to doing this with Celebrity we asked them to honour the offer in their email. We have lots of OBC so not a problem we will upgrade onboard.  This is our first cruise with Azamara and we are learning about how another cruise line works and also learning the hard way about their IT glitches and pre cruise problems.  However have been assured that once aboard all will be well, we are looking forward to our first Azamara cruise but it has been a learning curve.

• Like 1