Covid Health/Safety Email

Flgreg

Hello--we are boarding Splendor November 20. Received luggage tags and some other info yesterday. Today we received an email regarding Covid Health/Safety, masks/testing not required but recommended, etc.

Have they been automatically sending these out 4-5 weeks prior to embarkation or is this something new?

Thanks.

4 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

I’m on your cruise, boarding earlier in Rome. Don’t know the answer to your question but my comment is UGH, here we go again! 
On a different question, have you heard anything new about Barcelona being the embarkation port?

That's how I felt---UGH. Did you not get the same type email?

Regarding Barcelona the documents I received with the luggage tag state Port of Barcelona with terminal TBD. However, from what Regent told us in the past that this can change at the Port's discretion. We remain hopeful that it will be Barcelona and not Tarragona.

13 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

Hello--we are boarding Splendor November 20. Received luggage tags and some other info yesterday. Today we received an email regarding Covid Health/Safety, masks/testing not required but recommended, etc.

Have they been automatically sending these out 4-5 weeks prior to embarkation or is this something new?

Thanks.

Hi Greg and Cruiseluv - I hope we'll be meeting you onboard (we board in Barcelona).  Yes, these types of emails (health notifications and medical updates) are now fairly standard.  Particularly after "the age of Covid" began and cruising resumed after things had been halted for a while.  Immediately after cruising first resumed, pier side Covid testing (on "cruise day"), and everyone having to show their vaccination documentation was required of all passengers.  As time has gone on, and with these latest emails, Regent is now telling/updating everyone as to what is (and more importantly what isn't) required any longer).  Nothing to worry about here.  Best Regards.  See you soon.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Flgreg said:

Regarding Barcelona the documents I received with the luggage tag state Port of Barcelona with terminal TBD. However, from what Regent told us in the past that this can change at the Port's discretion. We remain hopeful that it will be Barcelona and not Tarragona.

Greg/Cruiseluv - I'm 90% sure that we're going to be joining the cruise in Barcelona and not Tarragona.  Just be aware that there are several different cruise ports/terminals in Barcelona itself.  They just don't know yet (specifically) which terminal/pier the ship will be at.  We should know definitively in the coming weeks.  Regards

Thanks pingpong1. We were on Viking Ocean last November and up until a couple of weeks before we left they required documentation of vaccination, pre-cruise testing and daily (!) testing. We were glad they stopped the testing requirements by the time we boarded although we were prepared for it so we'll just roll with whatever the requirements are next month with Regent but we hope it's the same as it is now.

We received Johnson and Johnson initially, then Pfizer for 4 boosters and just had the new Moderna about 3 weeks ago as well as flu and RSV.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Flgreg said:

Thanks pingpong1. We were on Viking Ocean last November and up until a couple of weeks before we left they required documentation of vaccination, pre-cruise testing and daily (!) testing. We were glad they stopped the testing requirements by the time we boarded although we were prepared for it so we'll just roll with whatever the requirements are next month with Regent but we hope it's the same as it is now.

We received Johnson and Johnson initially, then Pfizer for 4 boosters and just had the new Moderna about 3 weeks ago as well as flu and RSV.

I'd say you've done pretty much everything that anyone could reasonably expect!  Just make sure to pack some loose-fitting pants with you.  After a couple of dinners at Compass Rose and Sette Mari, you'll welcome having that extra bit of room!  😉

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flgreg said:

I checked my emails right after I read your post and I have nothing! Was it forwarded by your TA or sent to you directly by Regent?

thanks for the port info, my itinerary says Barcelona as well but for me is just a stop not embarkation 

1 hour ago, pingpong1 said:

Hi Greg and Cruiseluv - I hope we'll be meeting you onboard (we board in Barcelona).  Yes, these types of emails (health notifications and medical updates) are now fairly standard.  Particularly after "the age of Covid" began and cruising resumed after things had been halted for a while.  Immediately after cruising first resumed, pier side Covid testing (on "cruise day"), and everyone having to show their vaccination documentation was required of all passengers.  As time has gone on, and with these latest emails, Regent is now telling/updating everyone as to what is (and more importantly what isn't) required any longer).  Nothing to worry about here.  Best Regards.  See you soon.   

Thanks Pingpong , I cruised this past January and can’t even remember if I got that kind of email. Mercifully we didn’t have to test anymore at that time. Hope to see you onboard!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pingpong1 said:

Greg/Cruiseluv - I'm 90% sure that we're going to be joining the cruise in Barcelona and not Tarragona.  Just be aware that there are several different cruise ports/terminals in Barcelona itself.  They just don't know yet (specifically) which terminal/pier the ship will be at.  We should know definitively in the coming weeks.  Regards

That’s what I think but the uncertainty is holding me back from buying tour tickets for la Sagrada Familia. However, a very recent Splendor cruise Southampton to Barcelona disembarked in Tarragona recently, I think last week. Don’t know if that was the original disembarkation port on the itinerary 

20 minutes ago, cruiseluv said:

That’s what I think but the uncertainty is holding me back from buying tour tickets for la Sagrada Familia. However, a very recent Splendor cruise Southampton to Barcelona disembarked in Tarragona recently, I think last week. Don’t know if that was the original disembarkation port on the itinerary 

The email was sent directly from Regent to us. I did find the below on Regent's website which makes me think it is, as pingpong1 said, fairly standard and it is just about 30 days prior to sailing. 

• Subject to local requirements, all guests are welcome with no tests required, regardless of vaccination status.
  • Specific requirements, if applicable, will be sent to all guests approximately 30 days prior to sailing. For sailings outside of 30 days, as the entry requirements by country continue to evolve, we encourage all guests to consult with local government websites to determine any additional requirements that may be required to travel.
  •  

As far as the Splendor cruise that recently disembarked in Tarragona: I had been watching that for at least 2, probably 3 months and it was always listed as Tarragona on the website.

• Like 1

We received this letter prior to our cruise in August.
No one asked for any COVID information.

Whilst I don’t think you need any perhaps if you start  a post asking if anybody anywhere in the world of Regent cruising has been asked for COVID Documentation you will have more information.

Have a great cruise 

• Like 1