The difference between Plus and Premier

fun_one

Can someone please explain the difference between Plus and Premier and the cost?  We have Plus included with our reservation but like champagne and see they only have prosecco on the Plus menus.  Also, do they serve real champagne in limited areas or most everywhere on the ship?  Thank you!

1 hour ago, fun_one said:

Can someone please explain the difference between Plus and Premier and the cost?  We have Plus included with our reservation but like champagne and see they only have prosecco on the Plus menus.  Also, do they serve real champagne in limited areas or most everywhere on the ship?  Thank you!

Yes, there will be one or two labels of champagne poured by the glass.  Just pay the difference between the menu price and $15, plus 18% on the price difference and you can have all the champagne you want.

1 hour ago, fun_one said:

The Champagne price listed on the bar menus for Premier pkg was $19/glass, so depending on how many a day you will order may make sense to upgrade to Premier from Plus as the upgrade price is currently $20/day per person to upgrade from Plus Pkg to Premier Pkg. 

Plus Pkg allow for alcohol drinks up to price of $15/drink, Premier is $20/drink. So real Champagne would be covered in Premier. Plus only gives 2 casual dining , 2 fitness classes, 2 desserts/day, whereas Premier gives unlimited casual dining, unlimited fitness classes, unlimited desserts, plus 2 Specialty Dinners, photo package, and princess prizes . 

Mosts bars should have Champagne, but a few have very limited stock and will not.

• Like 1

I also got the premier for a cruise in Dec and from watching a few recent Princess cruise youtube videos, I saw that there are at least 2 different Champagnes onboard. Cattier and another brand which I can't recallt...Just saw it recently with it being served at Ocean Terrace IIRC. But yeah, if it's not that good, I'll try some good premier-priced Sauv Blanc etc.

5 hours ago, HotRoot said:

We had Premier.  Did not like the included champagne.  It was not bad in a Mimosa but straight champagne was hard to drink.

Try mixing it with cranberry juice.  First time I had this was at a Christmas party where it was called a "Poinsettia".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, karena1 said:

Does anyone have a list of what Bourbons are included in the Plus Package?  Thanks.

It depends on what ship and stocks. Just off the Crown and had Woodford Reserve, Bulliet and Makers Mark available. On some other ship's I have gotten Buffalo Trace as well

• Like 1

12 hours ago, memoak said:

It depends on what ship and stocks. Just off the Crown and had Woodford Reserve, Bulliet and Makers Mark available. On some other ship's I have gotten Buffalo Trace as well

I actually found the list.  Husband will be totally fine with either Bullet or Makers Mark.  He likes Buffalo Trace as well.  So won't have to upgrade to Premier, Plus will be fine.

4 hours ago, karena1 said:

I actually found the list.  Husband will be totally fine with either Bullet or Makers Mark.  He likes Buffalo Trace as well.  So won't have to upgrade to Premier, Plus will be fine.

Have him try the Woodford Reserve it is my first choice of these

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, shiner6 said:

I see something called Medallion accessory on the Premier package. Anyone use this? What is it and how do you get it?

It is a clip to hold your medallion. On the Princess website, if you scroll down where they discuss the packages, there is a picture of a ‘striped’ clip. The one being provided lately is a solid ‘ blue’ color, this color is supposedly exclusively for the ‘premier’ package and cannot be purchased at ocean front on the ship. If you buy the ‘premier’ package on board, the clip is supposed to be delivered to your cabin. If you have purchased premier pre cruise, it will be delivered with your medallion if your ordered home delivery, else it will be with your medallion at the port when you pick it up.

I believe I have seen other ‘colors’ offered at Ocean front on the ship and the cost was $6.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, wallyj said:

It is a clip to hold your medallion. On the Princess website, if you scroll down where they discuss the packages, there is a picture of a ‘striped’ clip. The one being provided lately is a solid ‘ blue’ color, this color is supposedly exclusively for the ‘premier’ package and cannot be purchased at ocean front on the ship. If you buy the ‘premier’ package on board, the clip is supposed to be delivered to your cabin. If you have purchased premier pre cruise, it will be delivered with your medallion if your ordered home delivery, else it will be with your medallion at the port when you pick it up.

I believe I have seen other ‘colors’ offered at Ocean front on the ship and the cost was $6.

Thank you for the explanation! This is helpful information for me.  I usually take great care in reading all the fine print, however, all of these changes had me slightly overwhelmed and I must have missed it.