Anyone on Grand Princess to NZ between now and Christmas?

We’re on Grand Princess to NZ in January and we’re taking friends with us who have never cruised before - if they hate it they may never talk to me again?! So I am trying to make sure I can give them as much information to plan as possible:

We’re all on Standard fares, no Plus or Premier.

What are the costs at Alfredo’s in AUD – can you just sit down and share a pizza between a couple of people from different cabins and charge the pizza back to one cabin? How much in AUD? (we have 4 teens between us, this is important!). Is there a difference in quality of pizza between Alfredo's and Slices?

Can anyone post some Princess Patters – mostly the sea days to see what activities are available across the ship.

Power points in cabins – in a mini-suite, how many Australian power points, and USB plugs?

At Coffee & Cones on the Lido Deck, aside from the free soft serve, do they offer milkshakes and how much do they cost? (Coral had them for $3 each in 2021)

Many thanks!

Lou :)

Alfredo's is now geared as per person cover charge, which I recall is $22 or $23 per person. The cover charge is for a starter/pizza or Pasta/dessert. Given that charge is a pp cover charge, it seems like it won't work for your needs.

You can also buy just a pizza at ala carte pricing. It has been $US12 per pizza, so likely $19 in Australia. You could share a pizza this way.

Slices is free. I think Alfredo's is better, but not $19 better. Alfredo's has more choice of toppings, but slices are nice enough, endless, and nearby to compliment with burgers, chips etc.

We have done minis on Coral & Majestic this past year, and Grand has pretty much the same number of power outlets and USBs. USB outlets are USB-A, so make sure you have an A to C cable for charging current phones. I can recall one Aussie outlet and at least 1 US outlet. If you have a US to AU pin adaptor already, throw it in for an extra outlet. I just can't remember how many USB outlets we had.

Can't help you with the milk shakes, but thought they were a bit dearer than $3.

• Like 1

For teenagers Splice is fine. Also for $23 activate your medallion for the whole cruise and order pizza from the room service menu, I think some extra charge may apply but not $23 for each pizza. This menu should be able to be delivered to you anywhere on the ship, that is what the medallion is for.

The Grand is lovely, we were on her this March and are back in a weeks time, then again at Christmas. I'm sorry but I'm not tech savvy enough to send menus, but check out the live threads as some of them show menus.

Juls 

The room service pizza is something I also want to confirm prices with too, now that Alfredo's has a charge. I suspect the medallion pizza is connected to the "Slices" menu, as the last menu I saw only had a four or five basic pizzas to choose from. Room service for pizza via the app was "free" earlier this year, and I can't recall seeing a charge being added apart from the overall medallion service activation charge.

I was on the Grand for last Christmas (will be again this Christmas)

I posted every Princess patter. I don't know how to do a link, but a search should find it.

I also posted all the dinner menus, so you should get an idea of the Christmas and new year menus as I'm sure they will be the same again.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

I was on the Grand for last Christmas (will be again this Christmas)

I posted every Princess patter. I don't know how to do a link, but a search should find it.

I also posted all the dinner menus, so you should get an idea of the Christmas and new year menus as I'm sure they will be the same again.

@~*Lou*~

Lots of great info indeed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

Thank you. I knew you would know how to do that.

I have just read through the first 6 pages again, looking at all those nice food pics.

I have withdrawal symptoms - really keen to be cruising again in 17 days.

3 minutes ago, arxcards said:

I have just read through the first 6 pages again, looking at all those nice food pics.

I have withdrawal symptoms - really keen to be cruising again in 17 days.

You brat, I hope you are going to share some of your cruise with us.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

You brat, I hope you are going to share some of your cruise with us.

We will try.

Well, it is only a weekender on Majestic. A repeat ship and a repeat itinerary for us. A few changes have happened, which we will largely ignore.

Alfredo's will cost us to dine at, even with a premier package - we will ignore.

The Catch is a new specialty restaurant - we will likely ignore that too.

There are those lovely new diabetic desserts on deck that we haven't seen yet - ignoring that too.

We will be in unwind mode, and just out to ride the waves for a few days, but will take lots of pics and app captures while waiting for my next drink or plate of food to arrive. 😉

21 minutes ago, arxcards said:

We will try.

Well, it is only a weekender on Majestic. A repeat ship and a repeat itinerary for us. A few changes have happened, which we will largely ignore.

Alfredo's will cost us to dine at, even with a premier package - we will ignore.

The Catch is a new specialty restaurant - we will likely ignore that too.

There are those lovely new diabetic desserts on deck that we haven't seen yet - ignoring that too.

We will be in unwind mode, and just out to ride the waves for a few days, but will take lots of pics and app captures while waiting for my next drink or plate of food to arrive. 😉

sounds good.

I don't think I will miss Alfredo's. 32 days on the grand and I didn't eat there once when it was included. Next cruise will be allowed to eat there twice with plus package, but will probably skip it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, yes!yes!yes! said:

sounds good.

I don't think I will miss Alfredo's. 32 days on the grand and I didn't eat there once when it was included. Next cruise will be allowed to eat there twice with plus package, but will probably skip it.

For us, Alfredo's has just been a nice alternative for a quiet lunch on port days. Nothing special, but just a change.