Discovery Princess - USB port on bedside lamps?

cruisingram1

Was wondering if the lamps on the nightstands on Discovery Princess have a USB port? I like to use my phone as a clock at night and much easier if cable did not have to be strung across the floor. Any other USB near the desk? We have a mini suite if that matters.

There are indeed USB ports in the lamps bedside.  This from 2 different cabin categories that I've sailed on the Discovery.  Very convenient.  I don't recall any other USP ports in the cabin.  We bring a small power/USB strip (non-surge protector) for the desk area.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

Yes there are two, one at each nightstand.  No power plugs though except across the room.  My spouse uses a CPAP so thankfully Princess provided an extension cord.  

I always use the plug behind the bed for my CPAP. 

8 hours ago, Cruisintimer said:

No plug behind bed, we even had room steward double check. 

Every ship has a "European" style 220 volt socket behind the bed (at least every ship that I've been on - 7 or 8 now). It's standard design. It's not a socket that is intended for use by passengers...the bedside lamps are plugged in there. If you use an adapter you can plug in the existing lamp as well as your CPAP. I do it every cruise. Staff will not "promote" the fact that it is there. 

We were just on the Discovery last year and I was able to do this with no problem. 

Edited by Rick&Jeannie
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1