Shore Excursions ... GONE

OhioJourneys

10 hours ago, OhioJourneys said:

Mine finally correct after 2 more calls and an email to VP Guest Services.  Still waiting for corrected itin, pre-cruise hotel info, and flights to Athens instead of Tel Aviv.  

@OhioJourneysCan you tell me what is the VP Guest Services Email adress ? I could be usefull if my reservation is still wrong.

My nightmare with this issue continues.

Contacted NCL, was told that since I booked thru travel agent (Exp.....)

I would have to contact them.Did so,long conversation with that agent, who  contacted ncl agent on the phone.

Was informed my payment was declined,

(Oct. 18)and I would receive refund within 7-10 days(by 28th) No reason why it was declined,( even tho I have confirmation email from ncl saying balance paid) or why I was not informed.Don,t have much faith the refund will be processed, guess have to try to have patience(not)

Edited by elliotlake12

1 hour ago, elliotlake12 said:

Was informed my payment was declined,

(Oct. 18)and I would receive refund within 7-10 days(by 28th) No reason why it was declined,( even tho I have confirmation email from ncl saying balance paid)

I'm confused. Your payment was declined by whom? Your credit card or NCL? If NCL, do they have your money, or don't they? Has your credit card been charged? I got lost somewhere on this road.

Apparently NCL declined my payment,(for shore excursions) (which now show as have balance owing) yes credit card has been charged,NCL is supposed to refund my credit card

Don't blame you for being confused, I too am " lost on the road" and frustrated.

10 minutes ago, elliotlake12 said:

Apparently NCL declined my payment,(for shore excursions) (which now show as have balance owing) yes credit card has been charged,NCL is supposed to refund my credit card

Don't blame you for being confused, I too am " lost on the road" and frustrated.

So, NCL took your payment, but declined to apply it to the shore excursions? Are the excursions sold out or cancelled? Why aren't they just applying your payment to the excursions you requested? From the outside looking in, something seems to be getting lost in translation.

Good luck figuring it out.

26 minutes ago, IAcruising said:

So, NCL took your payment, but declined to apply it to the shore excursions? Are the excursions sold out or cancelled? Why aren't they just applying your payment to the excursions you requested? From the outside looking in, something seems to be getting lost in translation.

Good luck figuring it out.

NCL took payment, booked excursions,charged my credit card.

I then received an email showing the excursion confirmation, but

showed balance owing

on the phone with my travel agent,she was told by ncl that credit card was declined,no reason given

So, will wait for promised refund to credit card

If and when refund is processed , I am not booking online any more excursions, have lost faith.

All the previous posters above on this topic have had NCL screw up Shore Excursions in a mind boggling array of different ways

Edited by elliotlake12

Obviously a lot of people who are not aware of that problem will have a bad surprise when they will look their reservation. It looks like you need to call (more than one time) to solve that, because they don't correct it automatically.

And they still didn't solve that problem : 

On a high note...watch your credit card statements for refund from NCL for port charges!  We saw two credits pending that didn't match anything we had ever paid.  After calling customer service, a supervisor advised me these are valid refunds for port charges we paid for Ashdod and the difference in the port fees from Haifa to Athens.  Yeah!  I do like getting $$ when it's really owed to me. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/27/2023 at 2:14 PM, OhioJourneys said:

On a high note...watch your credit card statements for refund from NCL for port charges!  We saw two credits pending that didn't match anything we had ever paid.  After calling customer service, a supervisor advised me these are valid refunds for port charges we paid for Ashdod and the difference in the port fees from Haifa to Athens.  Yeah!  I do like getting $$ when it's really owed to me. 

I had yet to see these refunds so I contacted NCL. They say that there is no credit due. I'm not sure the actual refunds that you received, however, if you multiply it times $4, 000 cruisers it adds up. Has anyone else receive these refunds?

30 minutes ago, Livingmydash said:

I had yet to see these refunds so I contacted NCL. They say that there is no credit due. I'm not sure the actual refunds that you received, however, if you multiply it times $4, 000 cruisers it adds up. Has anyone else receive these refunds?

Nothing yet, maybe they put it on the account

On 10/19/2023 at 7:44 AM, OhioJourneys said:

Already talked to them.  I was told it's a "glitch" in their system and I need to call shore excursion desk to rebook everything and must request original pricing orvthey will book at new higher price.  Just another headache to deal with.  I love. NCL, but the 2 cruises have been a lot of work!

yeah, we had problems with Choir of Man on the Encore a few weeks ago. Never did figure out what happened but we saw it anyway, reservations not needed