The Fleet Report and Daily for Friday October 20th, 2023

richwmn

Bedtime. Maybe I’ll sleep better. Not that today was so great, I’m just drained. 
Thank you Lenda, Nancy, Vanessa, Mary Kay… all of you, for your encouragement. Today the move date got changed; our condo couldn’t accommodate our date, already reserved for a move that day, so we have the day before reserved. Doesn’t matter much, just more re-coordination with all parties involved.  

Our Welcome packet arrived today by FedEx! Not cruise tickets…. Bunches of forms. No letter on the trust issue as was promised us last Friday. So I guess we’ll see what happens next. In the meantime I’m organizing stuff, some packing, so when the packers come it’ll go easier. I packed a bunch of my moms writings. Read too much if it… Made me sad. She died in 2001 at 90 in assisted living with dimentia… is that where I’m headed?  At least I’ll be in a good place!  
The lunch today was missing more than showed up. I enjoyed the time with who came. It eas a nice idea. I may see them next week for our last regular monthly gathering before we go, if time allows. At least making a fast move doesn’t prolong the goodbyes. When we moved from NM to MD it was 5 months after we bought this condo!  A long goodbye. And during Covid everything was harder. No goodby gatherings. We were so glad to get our initial vaccinations before we moved. Now we’ve just had our 6th? one… I’ve lost count. And this time they weren’t doing cards. I had the nurse write down the lot number and I put it on our cards myself, of which we each have three now so I guess that’s enough to keep track of.   

Thanks for listening!  I’m very teary tonight. I’m keeping calm but doesn’t mean it’s easy. Glad you are all here!  m—

• Like 16
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, bennybear said:

@Haljo1935 sorry to hear of your itinerary change.sadly these things happen before and during a cruise.   Do you just have a sea day or any substitutes?   
@Cruzin Terri I’ve found layers, with one being wool works well.  You can always buy a nice cashmere sweater in Italy. 
We enjoyed visiting Berlin from Watnemunde.   A fabulously interesting city and very sobering.  
@Overhead Fred fabulous sunrise!  Thanks for sharing such beauty!

Not sure why so many countries names are anglicized?  Couldn’t we just say Venezia, Firenze? …. 

@grapau27 probably just me, but I would much prefer seeing photos of your beach or local scenery.    I think I know your dashboard better than mine, lol!  

I personally don’t think it’s necessary or expected to like every post,  some times we just checkin quickly or not at all.    

My lovely thai dumplings

IMG_3157.jpeg

You can still see the beach and sea in my photos.

I take them from car in the car park because often my heart and arthritis disability prevents me walking to the beach itself from the beach car park where there is over 50 steps to walk down and back up.

It is because friends on here, P&O daily and Dani's thread on RCL ask me for food photos I post them otherwise I wouldn't bother TBH.

If someone takes the time and effort to post photos,funny memes,and interesting and informative posts I think it is respectful and right to like their posts and on this thread most people do this.

Graham x

• Like 10

49 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

You can still see the beach and sea in my photos.

I take them from car in the car park because often my heart and arthritis disability prevents me walking to the beach itself from the beach car park where there is over 50 steps to walk down and back up.

It is because friends on here, P&O daily and Dani's thread on RCL ask me for food photos I post them otherwise I wouldn't bother TBH.

If someone takes the time and effort to post photos,funny memes,and interesting and informative posts I think it is respectful and right to like their posts and on this thread most people do this.

Graham x

This is not our local beach 5 miles from home it is 15 miles away but I can park my car about 20 feet from this lovely beach.

The second photo shows the steps down to our local beach.

IMG_20220713_120931.jpg

IMG_20210423_111854.jpg

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 6

3 hours ago, grapau27 said:

I don't think there's any need to like posts but complaining is not really a good course either.  An example for me is that I don't really like long strings of port photos and I'm unlikely to "like" a post with more than 4 or 5 but recognize that this is a community and that what does not appeal to me may be important to others.

Roy

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, rafinmd said:

I don't think there's any need to like posts but complaining is not really a good course either.  An example for me is that I don't really like long strings of port photos and I'm unlikely to "like" a post with more than 4 or 5 but recognize that this is a community and that what does not appeal to me may be important to others.

Roy

Thank you for your post Roy because I always respect what you say.

I made a fun response  to a fun post directed at me on today's daily and another Dailyite responded so I respectfully responded back.

I didn't complain I took the fun aimed at me in good spirit.

Some people take a great deal of time and effort to post for others enjoyment on here and a like is a simple thing to do.

Personally I love to see interesting informative photos and appreciate the effort that goes into doing this especially if there are lots of photos.

I was pleased to hear your 2 recent cruises were enjoyable and that you have another booked on Rotterdam.

Best wishes.

Graham.

Edited by grapau27
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1