Airport Lounge access with long haul premium flights and booking seats together.

mklions

The seat booking for our flight to Barbados opened at midnight last night, it was 2.15am before I eventually got through to make the booking ensuring my wife and I got the seats together.

Fortunately I managed to get two seat together although half of them had already been booked before us, so I guess everyone had the same idea come midnight.

So my advise please if you want seats together especially in premium economy ( only about seven rows in a 2-3-2 formation) work out the 14 weeks prior to your cruise and look to book at midnight on that day.

Ive also taken a look on the TUI website and see that on long haul flights flying premium you get lounge access at some of the UK airports  ( only outbound not inbound) and wondered if the same applies to us cruisers traveling on a TUI flight with a P&O charter?

Mklions

1 minute ago, mklions said:

The seat booking for our flight to Barbados opened at midnight last night, it was 2.15am before I eventually got through to make the booking ensuring my wife and I got the seats together.

Fortunately I managed to get two seat together although half of them had already been booked before us, so I guess everyone had the same idea come midnight.

So my advise please if you want seats together especially in premium economy ( only about seven rows in a 2-3-2 formation) work out the 14 weeks prior to your cruise and look to book at midnight on that day.

Ive also taken a look on the TUI website and see that on long haul flights flying premium you get lounge access at some of the UK airports  ( only outbound not inbound) and wondered if the same applies to us cruisers traveling on a TUI flight with a P&O charter?

Mklions

No, sorry no lounge.  You do get fastrack through included, well at Gatwick we do.

3 hours ago, mklions said:

Do not forget those in Baltic/Ligurian Tiers get priority window to book their seats as we had last year, I think at least 48 hours to do so before opens to rest of Peninsular Tiers.

On 10/20/2023 at 3:21 PM, sweep2907 said:

Do not forget those in Baltic/Ligurian Tiers get priority window to book their seats as we had last year, I think at least 48 hours to do so before opens to rest of Peninsular Tiers.

If you are Baltic, can you book both the out bound and return seats at the same time, or do you need to wait until a later date to book the returns and are they available about 14 weeks before the flight?  Also, if you can get premium economy seats, do you have to pay extra again to book your seats (I think you do pay extra for the economy seats when you want to book them).

We have not booked a fly cruise to the Caribbean for a very long time, but are thinking of doing that at present.

Edited by tring

I not sure on return flight as when I did it last year we were on TA so only had return flight in premium. Yes we had early access for premium and paid again to book front 2 seats. Only reason being on previous caribbean venture in premium I was split up from partner as they 3 across in middle and 2 at sides which makes it awkward when mainly couples.

49 minutes ago, tring said:

If you are Baltic, can you book both the out bound and return seats at the same time, or do you need to wait until a later date to book the returns and are they available about 14 weeks before the flight?  Also, if you can get premium economy seats, do you have to pay extra again to book your seats (I think you do pay extra for the economy seats when you want to book them).

We have not booked a fly cruise to the Caribbean for a very long time, but are thinking of doing that at present.

You have no option but to book return seats at the same time as you have to reserve both ways.  They are chargeable both ways - £45pp each way so £180 for two passengers. You pay this on top of the PE charge.

Edited by Megabear2
  • Thanks 1