Sky Princess forward cabin

awatt

Hello! Booked an obstructed view balcony gty, and have been assigned M103. Looks very nice, with larger balcony. Wondering if balcony not useable during sailing with wind? But I like the size and lounge chairs. Trying to decide whether to bid for upgrade or not.

We have been in the similar cabin on both Royal and Discovery just one floor up on Lido deck. They are amazing. We actually have M103 booked next summer on the Sky for our Land of the Midnight Sun cruise. The size of the balcony and the stunning full panorama views provided are so worth it. If it was very windy it could be problematic but that’s true of any balcony cabin. You will not regret booking - we are hooked on these forward facing balconies!

This cabin is cat. DW obstructed deluxe cabin.  The balcony is huge, but it does get windy at sea.  If you move further back towards the sliding door you will get some protection from the elements.  You will also feel more motion that high up and that far forward.

If you upgrade to a non obstructed deluxe cabin the room itself will be exactly the same but with a much smaller balcony on either the port or starboard side.  Just depends on what’s important to you.  We really like the far forward deluxe balconies or mini suites on Lido deck.  Personally, I would not upgrade, but that’s just me.

We are looking to book the same type cabin on Sapphire.  C100-105 or B100-105.  Do they in fact lock the balcony doors on sea days?  Doing a 32 day South Pacific/Hawaii with 23 sea days.  It would be a bummer if we could not use the balcony on those days. 

25 minutes ago, RV Queen said:

We are looking to book the same type cabin on Sapphire.  C100-105 or B100-105.  Do they in fact lock the balcony doors on sea days?  Doing a 32 day South Pacific/Hawaii with 23 sea days.  It would be a bummer if we could not use the balcony on those days. 

There is a disclaimer on the door stating that door and curtains must be kept closed at night but it is not at all enforced in our experience. We have had these forward cabins on four different cruises now on two different ships, and the doors were never locked and we had no issue using our balcony on sea days. We like to keep our cabin door slightly open at night for the fresh air and never had a problem with that either. Fortunately we experienced calm seas and good weather on all of our cruises where we had forward balconies.  

Edited by karatemom2

I check a few times a week for a cabin number it will probably not be issued until a week before.  I would have booked a DW cabin on deck 8 Emerald mid ship is a favorite area but no cabins were available so I just went with a gty. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.

I check a few times a week for a cabin number it will probably not be issued until a week before.  I would have booked a DW cabin on deck 8 Emerald mid ship is a favorite area but no cabins were available so I just went with a gty. Hope you have a wonderful cruise.