MSC SEASHORE DISEMBARKATION

Timberpuppie

I am attending the msc seashore December 10th through the 17th out of Canaveral. I have heard 7:15 am is the earliest time to get off the ship. Wondering if I book a flight for 10:30 am will that be enough time to make our flight. I appreciate the advice! 

I would absolutely not. I believe the recommendation is at least after 12. 
I assume you are flying out of Orlando. It’s an hour drive - assuming no traffic for any reason. 
that doesn’t include the time it takes to get a ride. 
7:15 is the earliest if everything goes right.  You need to arrive in port and be cleared by customs. There can be delays in that. 

The last time I sailed MSC into Port Canaveral my mother, friend and her niece were flying out around 12. They did the earliest departure, carry off their own luggage. There was some sort of delay - I heard maybe the system went down. There was a HUGE line to get off. It was not a quick disembarkation. 

Orlando is also a busy airport. 

scheduling their flight for 12 was a big risk. There is no way I’d ever risk 10:30. 

I’ve found that on MSC in the US half the people try to do walk off. There’s a line as soon as the ship docks. So there’s an automatic delay in the disembarking process. Sometimes we don’t get off until about 9:45.

• Like 1

We also disembark Seashore on 12/17. We originally had a 1235 flight that day that we changed to the morning of 12/18 for the very reasons mentioned above. Someone else had asked a similar question regarding flights from MCO after returning to PC; the responses given above were the same, which is why we changed our flight.

Another point that had been made in that other thread was that 12/17 is a Sunday so MCO is likely even busier due to folks returning home from doing theme parks.

On 10/20/2023 at 8:04 PM, Timberpuppie said:

I am attending the msc seashore December 10th through the 17th out of Canaveral. I have heard 7:15 am is the earliest time to get off the ship. Wondering if I book a flight for 10:30 am will that be enough time to make our flight. I appreciate the advice! 

Disembarkation has nothing to do with cruise line and totally depends of US Customs and they can do w.e. they want.