Luggage storage at BCT

bones774

Hi, does anyone know if I can leave luggage anywhere for an hour or two at BCT upon disembarkation? What would happen if I just left it there for awhile? Have to do some things while in Brooklyn and would rather not drag luggage around . Thanks

1 hour ago, bones774 said:

Hi, does anyone know if I can leave luggage anywhere for an hour or two at BCT upon disembarkation? What would happen if I just left it there for awhile? Have to do some things while in Brooklyn and would rather not drag luggage around . Thanks

There's no luggage storage at the cruise terminal and you can't just leave your bags there and come back for them later. They will be in a secure area of the terminal which you can't just walk into from the outside as they are subject to inspection by USCBP .

There's an app for a company named Luggage Hero that lists retails stores and other places that offer luggage storage. It appears that the closest place to the cruise terminalis about 0.8 miles away:

https://app.luggagehero.com/home;location=Brooklyn Cruise Terminal;lat=40,6807677;lon=-74,013841;bags=1;from=202310211200;to=202310211300;geolocate=false?lh_campaign=gmb_link_5b1ffd2a5dac500005bde027&lh_medium=gmb&lh_source=google&lh_landing_page_origin=https:%2F%2Fluggagehero.com&lh_landing_page_path=%2Fnewyork%2F&visitorId=3c9b9045-9bfb-4dad-bcaa-c10068c1fe7f&lang=en&_gl=1*ncngs9*_ga*MTk4NTE5MjU0NS4xNjk3ODk1NzIw*_ga_HRQEW23GY0*MTY5Nzg5NTcyMC4xLjAuMTY5Nzg5NTcyMC42MC4wLjA.&_ga=2.54449505.877476411.1697895720-1985192545.1697895720

• Like 1

11 hours ago, njhorseman said:

There's no luggage storage at the cruise terminal and you can't just leave your bags there and come back for them later.

It is disappointing how things have changed over the years. It used to be that transportation terminals all had self-service lockers where baggage could be stored at reasonable flat rates for the day. Look at all the lockers at the Greyhound Lines terminal shown in the clip below from Breakfast at Tiffany's! Security concerns seem to have caused their demise in the United States, with only a few terminals offering attended baggage storage (such service is much more common at bus terminals throughout Mexico).

The Luggage Hero website seems to be an interesting surrogate. I have never used it. I wonder how much of a cut the website takes, and whether the businesses that participate understand their liability for a paid bailment. Might someone approach the business directly, pay cash, and bypass the website? As to the locations most proximate to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal, I see that that closest is in Carroll Gardens--not especially convenient to the port--at Brooklyn Postal Center, 540 Court Street, 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. Next closest is in downtown Brooklyn, still not the most convenient to the port but at least it is centrally located in Brooklyn and has nearby subway service, at Atlantic Dry Cleaners, 68 Bond Street, 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. Maybe one of the local businesses in Red Hook would see value in such service and offer a more location more convenient? I would like to read a report from anyone who had used this service.

Edited by GTJ