Sales

camper49

The best Princess sale we have encountered took place back in June. Our TA gave us a heads up that there would be a 3 Day Sale with some interesting perks. He knew that I had been researching a few itineraries and suggested I wait until the sale. For our booking of a 14 night South America cruise next February we ended up getting $800 USD in OBC ($400 per passenger) plus an additional $85 OBC from our travel agent. We booked a premium deluxe balcony. The deposit was reduced to $100 USD per passenger and my understanding is that we will receive a coupon book for the cruise with offers for assorted things like specialty dinners and discounts on wine. We booked the cruise with the Standard Package as we aren’t big drinkers and the OBC is big enough that it will cover our Gratuities and a 1 device internet package while leaving a little OBC for the occasional treat or drink while on board. 4 months after booking and I have yet to see a comparable sale for this cruise. Our TA says this OBC perk usually comes only once a year. 

19 minutes ago, Steelers36 said:

Glad you are happy with your booking, but that was not a Princess Cruises sale.  It is an annual thing by your agency (the big online agency with a lot of little boxes and are well-known for this sale).

I may have misspoke about the source of the 3 Day Sale but let’s just say that the perks our present TA has provided, along with prompt and accurate assistance on any of our enquiries, is a vast improvement over the chintzy tote bag we got a few years ago from our previous TA who hailed from a different location of this same Travel agency. I’ll take the $885 OBC (about $1,200 CAD after conversion) 8 days a week!

16 minutes ago, PapaGoose said:

I may have misspoke about the source of the 3 Day Sale but let’s just say that the perks our present TA has provided, along with prompt and accurate assistance on any of our enquiries, is a vast improvement over the chintzy tote bag we got a few years ago from our previous TA who hailed from a different location of this same Travel agency. I’ll take the $885 OBC (about $1,200 CAD after conversion) 8 days a week!

I don't recall exactly, but I think PCL was offering OBC at the time.  I am not 100% sure, but the $800 may be from Princess and anyone could get it.  The $85 is definitely agency group OBC.  

PS - IMO, the CAD value means nothing since on board items are in USD as is the OBC spent on on board charges.

Edited by Steelers36

17 minutes ago, PapaGoose said:

Unfortunately, most people will not see this sale from your TA.  They’ll have to resort to whatever Princess offers in sales, which as previously mentioned, may or may not be worthwhile.  Happy that you got such a great deal!

Edited by Lady Arwen

1 minute ago, Lady Arwen said:

Unfortunately, most people will not see this sale from your TA.  They’ll have to resort to whatever Princess offers in sales, which as previously mentioned, may or may not be worthwhile.  Doubtful the OP uses your TA.

Anyone can "see" and use this sale if they know about it and are shopping around at the time it occurs.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/1/2023 at 8:59 AM, camper49 said:

Interesting to see that the 50% off sale ended and the new sale today is….extended 50% off..😂😎

However…I received an email yesterday from a Princess CVP. Had recently received several from her saying she was our CVP & to call her when we are ready to book. (Still on the fence about a CVP or a local TA) She said she had some deals on an upcoming Black Friday sale. I sent her an email with the cruise we are considering, she replied back with a better offer than I can see on Princess website. Would our local TA see the same deals?