Gift card refund from canceled excursion

jparker10508

We have all our excursions purchased using gift cards. It looks like I will need to cancel a couple of the excursions and I was going to wait to do that until we are on the ship, hoping that they would just credit our account with obc. I really don't want to have to carry all the gift cards everything was purchased with and I don't know which card this particular excursion was put on. Does anyone know the best way to handle this? The ship leaves in 22 days so if I cancel now do you think the money would be back on the cards by then if I have to go that route?

I had an excursion canceled due to a missed port.  The funds went to my onboard account.  I think it was about $300.00.   I used it all.   I had the printouts of the ecards I used for payment.  I took all of them with me and then destroyed them after the cruise. 

Before the cruise, I also had a few GCs  refunded due to a price drop.  Those funds were credited in 48 hours.  I think I was told 7 days for the refunds.  I had about 25 of them, but got lucky while checking the balances and was able to determine which had credits and how much, fairly quickly.  Then those were the cards I used for the SEs.  This was in February.

Edited by milolii

1 hour ago, jparker10508 said:

We have all our excursions purchased using gift cards. It looks like I will need to cancel a couple of the excursions and I was going to wait to do that until we are on the ship, hoping that they would just credit our account with obc. I really don't want to have to carry all the gift cards everything was purchased with and I don't know which card this particular excursion was put on. Does anyone know the best way to handle this? The ship leaves in 22 days so if I cancel now do you think the money would be back on the cards by then if I have to go that route?

If you cancel now you should probably have the money back on the gift cards before you leave but you will just have to keep checking the balances on all of your cards periodically to figure that out if you’re not sure what card they were charged on.

Waiting until you are on the ship would likely result in OBC based on my experience with onboard cancellations.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Torfamm said:

If you cancel now you should probably have the money back on the gift cards before you leave but you will just have to keep checking the balances on all of your cards periodically to figure that out if you’re not sure what card they were charged on.

Waiting until you are on the ship would likely result in OBC based on my experience with onboard cancellations.

Actually, you can call Princess, and they can tell you the last four digits of the cards that they refund the money to. 🙂

• Thanks 1