Wedding Question

jonsmom

My son and his gf would like to get married in April while we are cruising.  They are interested in a ceremony in Aruba during our port day.  Is this difficult?  Would it be an easier alternative to get married at sea?  There will only be the two of them and my husband and myself.  Thanks for any advice you may have to offer

Hello. My wife and I were married on Odyssey of the seas 2 years ago last Thursday.

we were the first couple to be married on odyssey since it was the newest ship at that time. We had 7 other cruises that we were supposed to be married on since April 2020 during Covid shutdown and with every canceled cruise we had to reschedule the wedding as well with the wedding group. So 14 reservations canceled and rescheduled. It was exhausting. 

you would still need to contact the cruise line and find out from there wedding department about the pricing. 

The price wasn’t that bad for a wedding on the ship and there were only 5 total in our wedding group. 

any more questions please let me know!

3 hours ago, thjeepster said:

Hello. My wife and I were married on Odyssey of the seas 2 years ago last Thursday.

we were the first couple to be married on odyssey since it was the newest ship at that time. We had 7 other cruises that we were supposed to be married on since April 2020 during Covid shutdown and with every canceled cruise we had to reschedule the wedding as well with the wedding group. So 14 reservations canceled and rescheduled. It was exhausting. 

you would still need to contact the cruise line and find out from there wedding department about the pricing. 

The price wasn’t that bad for a wedding on the ship and there were only 5 total in our wedding group. 

any more questions please let me know!

Thanks for your quick reply. I was reading some older posts and did read about your canceled cruises.  We had a few cancel as well, but not like yours.  Congratulations and Happy Anniversary.  Which package did you go with?  Were you married on a sea day or on embarkation day? Was it a legal marriage? Thanks for your help

23 hours ago, jonsmom said:

Thanks for your quick reply. I was reading some older posts and did read about your canceled cruises.  We had a few cancel as well, but not like yours.  Congratulations and Happy Anniversary.  Which package did you go with?  Were you married on a sea day or on embarkation day? Was it a legal marriage? Thanks for your help

Thank you!!!

We had the “Intimately Yours” Package (don’t know if that’s still what it’s called) you can have up to 10 guests. 
We were married first Sea Day and it was a legal marriage. 

the wedding was not badly priced but we also got like 30% off additional add-ons due to the multiple cancelations. 

we had a photographer for an hour and we took pics throughout the ship and took nice pics up the North Star (free to go up for us…usually costs during sea days) 

if you had any other questions let me know!!!

Edited by thjeepster
Edit

Thank you - I will call them tomorrow.  I think they still have that package.

I also reached out to a couple coordinators in Aruba.  We are in port for 12 hours so they could technically do the legal wedding at the courthouse and a symbolic one at the beach.  It stresses me just thinking of it

On 10/24/2023 at 8:12 PM, jonsmom said:

Thank you - I will call them tomorrow.  I think they still have that package.

I also reached out to a couple coordinators in Aruba.  We are in port for 12 hours so they could technically do the legal wedding at the courthouse and a symbolic one at the beach.  It stresses me just thinking of it

So how did it go?

10 hours ago, thjeepster said:

The bride (I am not the bride) did get info from the Royal site.  She likes the package that you chose.  They have not had a chance to look it over though.  It does seem easy.  What did you need for paperwork?  A long form birth certificate and passport?

1 hour ago, jonsmom said:

I know you need passports. 
make sure you check with them first before you book any ship. Make sure there are open dates for weddings before booking cruise. 
I know they are using a different wedding group now than the one we had. 

don’t know current prices but ours wasn’t bad for wedding and cruise price was good too because of future cruise certificates from all our cancelled wedding dates. We ended up having a one bedroom grand suite. And at that time ship was only 35% full due to restrictions. 

• 1 month later...

My cousin actually got married in Aruba during a cruise, and it was amazing. They coordinated with the cruise line and a local wedding planner to make it happen. It took a bit of planning, but everything went smoothly. Alternatively, getting married at sea is a popular option too. My friend did it, and it was stress-free since the cruise line took care of everything.  So, go ahead and explore both options, and I'm sure your son and his gf will have a beautiful wedding whichever they choose! 🌴💍