Hero Cards

NW Pacific

rugerdog:  IT WAS OFF-PUTTING TO ME.   When hero Cards were introduced, it was my opinion they were for a staff member that did something exceptional.  All employees are outstanding, but it seems like it is a competition now to get cards.  One of the cards I left was for a restaurant wait server that was dealing with a very difficult table of passengers.  Her professionalism and patience i thought was outstanding.  these incidents are the reason I leave cards.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, NW Pacific said:

When hero Cards were introduced, it was my opinion they were for a staff member that did something exceptional.

Agree.  And it seems like there are always those two or three that really stand out on each cruise. 

As we all are aware, any company that requests comment cards, surveys, etc., uses that positive information to reward employees, and as such, they carry great importance.  However, being asked to submit a Hero Card directly by a staff member would completely contradict my reason for doing so.

7 hours ago, rugerdog said:

How interesting!  I've always received the card at some point in my room, but I've never been solicited by staff directly.  That would really be off-putting to me.

It is also against the rules

On 10/24/2023 at 5:51 AM, hallux said:

Considering the international nature of the staff, having the name pre-filled might be appreciated.  However - I'm not giving it back to them, I'll deposit it in the appropriate place.

We take pictures of their name tags and let them know why we are doing it.

Our favorite was an obviously new server in La Cucina. He was trying so hard and took care of some special requests for us. Later that night we realized that we never took a picture of his name tag. We went back down to the restaurant and asked the host if we could see him. He was SOOO nervous -- he thought we had a complaint. He was definitely relieved and delighted when we told him why we wanted to chat with him.

We've gotten a few cards with the names already on them. We always tell them that we will turn them in when we turn everyone else's in to Guest Services. The last day of the cruise we usually end up at a bar, have a drink, and fill out our hero cards.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, garsny said:

It is also against the rules

Absolutely.

The Effy shop manager was hinting that cards could be used for the shop staff as well - and passed out blank cards - but also mentioned that staff wasn't allowed to ask...

• Thanks 1