Purchase bathrobe onboard?

DaveOKC

I noticed that under GIFTS that you can purchase a waffle terry bathrobe to be delivered onboard.  I want to wait to purchase this onboard (so I can use my onboard credit).  Is this possible?  If so how do I go about it (where and when to order it).

We purchased our bathrobes (that we were able to monogram since we ordered them earlier enough in the cruise) when we were in a Neptune suite. We just asked the Neptune lounge concierge to order. It was pre-Covid and we received the Mariner discount on the cost. 

On the Rotterdam trip I just returned from (in a balcony cabin), I wanted to purchase one of the new orange and blue blankets included in the cabin. I went to guest services and requested to purchase it and it was in my cabin the next day, and charged to my room using OBC. For anyone interested, the blanket was $35 charged as “sale of general supplies” with no HAL merchandise Mariner discount.   Easy peasy and I love the blanket! 

Edited by Ready2go11
  • Like 1

58 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I noticed that under GIFTS that you can purchase a waffle terry bathrobe to be delivered onboard.  I want to wait to purchase this onboard (so I can use my onboard credit).  Is this possible?  If so how do I go about it (where and when to order it).

Last spring on our  Panama Canal cruise on the Zaandam I was overflowing with ship board credit.  I went to guest services and purchased one...I think it was around $50.  It was delivered to my stateroom.  I got the basic one with blue trim....warning, it weighs a lot so consider that if you are flying.  Since we drove to the port weight didn't  matter.  I love my robe and wear. it more now than I ever did in our stateroom!

On the Eurodam last month I mentioned at guest services how much I liked the robe....they said they didn't have any to sell on board this time.

We bought one for my wife and my mother in law a while back. My mother in law liked the waffle version while the heavier Neptune Suite terry cloth was preferred by @Huskerchick

We ordered them at the beginning of the voyage so there was time to monogram them. There used to be a discount coupon in the rooms for a few years, but that may be in the past. I think you saved $5 or so with the coupon.

You had a standard robe during the cruise and your purchased robe was delivered later. That way you were taking a brand new robe home. DW still has hers and uses it regularly. It's probably 15 years old and it has held up well.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

Thanks for all the advice so far.  One more question - on the monogram, can you use a name (4 letters) instead of initials and how would that look?

I am pretty sure you can get away with DAVE because there are people who have four initials. The monogram is straight and not the big initial in the middle.

7 hours ago, Alberta Quilter said:

I thought the monogramming was limited to three letters...  But things may have changed since I got mine.

I was never asked if I wanted a monogram from Zaandam guest services, though I was aware of it.  I know my name, so the monogram was not important to me🙂!  I love my robe!