Has anyone used PassportHealth.com?

LovesToRead

We will be on an Asia cruise in February/March and are trying to arrange necessary vaccinations etc. For a South America cruise in 2016, we saw a wonderful infectious disease doctor.  However, he no longer handles this and his office and our PC physician recommended PassportHealth.com.  Has anyone used this service? Or can you recommend a dr in NYC who handles these issues? 

Thank you!

I have used the Passport Health office here in Bradenton, Florida. It was in November 2022 for oral typhoid vaccine. They are a chain, and handle mostly travel medicine. 

I am well travelled, and keep good vaccine records, and had made an appointment to update my typhoid which was coming due. I had to fill out some paperwork asking where my trip was and when. This was rather difficult to explain in that we go pretty continually and all over, which is the answer I gave, but had to be covered in detail in the consultation. 

I then had to sit through a consultation with a young medical professional while he read to me off of some papers that had been printed out from a web site.

Finally, I was given my vaccine in a cold pack to get it home, had all the directions read to me, and was able to leave. It was a bit basic feeling, but I imagine for people who don’t travel often that it gives them a sense of care and peace of mind. And gives them a reason to hit you with a hefty charge. 

I have used them a couple of times. I do not prefer to use them as I feel they over recommend a lot of the vaccines and are a bit pushy at times. I prefer to do my own research and talk to me PCP. You can also go to the travel clinic at your local health department as most PCP's don't handle travel vaccines and I can't blame them as they have enough to juggle.