Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

18 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Window cleaning service? 🤣

It is the same with the fees per person at double occupancy and solo occupancy. 
It should be per room. In a condo building your fees are by condo not how many people live in the condo. 😆

I guess it is to cover food and drinks etc, so  I understand a couple pays more than a single, but what I don't get is why the cost isn't the same regardless of cabin size. Everyone eats and drinks much the same by volume, and some people wouldn't drink any alcohol, which would mean they would be cheaper. It would be interesting to understand the rationale. 

2 minutes ago, Charry_ said:

I guess it is to cover food and drinks etc, so  I understand a couple pays more than a single, but what I don't get is why the cost isn't the same regardless of cabin size. Everyone eats and drinks much the same by volume, and some people wouldn't drink any alcohol, which would mean they would be cheaper. It would be interesting to understand the rationale. 

The only thing I can think of is that maybe it is assessed based on square feet sort of like a coop/condo maintenance fee.  I agree they should offer more transparency as to how that was determined.

They have got a lot of chutzpah advertising for more saps to buy into this floating fiasco.  Gotta hand it to them.  They must be hemorrhaging money.

Edited by VL1
Spelling

5 hours ago, VL1 said:

They have got a lot of chutzpah advertising for more saps to buy into this floating fiasco.  Gotta hand it to them.  They must be hemorrhaging money.

I love how the photos of cabins on their new sales site don't show photos of any bathrooms. Gee I wonder why they is? 🤣 but you are right, a lot of chutzpah

I like the photos of the business center, with chairs on casters.  From working for 4 decades on ships with an office chair on wheels, I know those will be tied down every time the ship is at sea, put away, or tipped over to prevent them smashing into everything hour after hour.

• Like 1

Well they are paying Mrs Phenix more attention now. And they indeed had to sign an NDA. Wow. What authoritarian world are these people (Petterson and wife) living? 

Passenger Removed From Delayed Villa Vie Odyssey Cruise Over Text App Comments

Passenger Booted from World Cruise After Complaining About Delays

Edited by Travel_Around_The_World
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chengkp75 said:

An interesting wrinkle is that Harland & Wolff is facing bankruptcy itself in a couple of months.  So, they would be desperate to get VV to pay their bills.

It has just been confirmed on the news that as of today the Harland and Wolff shipyard has been placed into administration. Will be interesting to see what impact that this may have on Villa Vie Odyssey, though the article is saying operations at the shipyard won't be affected. 

Edited by Zap Rowsdower

5 minutes ago, Zap Rowsdower said:

It has just been confirmed on the news that as of today the Harland and Wolff shipyard has been placed into administration. Will be interesting to see what impact that this may have on Villa Vie Odyssey, though the article is saying operations at the shipyard won't be affected. 

Another black eye for VVR for not doing their research.  

1 minute ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

I'm sure that it will impact the repairs, unfortunately. 

It shouldn't.  I don't know how "administration" works in Europe but I think it is similar to the US Chapter 11. 

Business should continue but it will definitely be used as an excuse. Kinda like trying to put the blame on Fred Olson. 

9 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

It shouldn't.  I don't know how "administration" works in Europe but I think it is similar to the US Chapter 11. 

Business should continue but it will definitely be used as an excuse. Kinda like trying to put the blame on Fred Olson. 

While business may continue, the problem is that H&W are out of cash to make payroll, so that will affect their ability to continue working.

1 minute ago, chengkp75 said:

While business may continue, the problem is that H&W are out of cash to make payroll, so that will affect their ability to continue working.

How does administration works? In the US in chapter 11 all business non essential stuff is being trimmed down and assets (including labor) is being routed towards essential business i.e. current contracts and obligation because those areas are cash producing. 

12 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

Yeah- they did seem to be "high 5-ing" each other. I know that Johan and Lanette invested in Life At Sea as well.  It seems quite a few former LAS passengers have purchased on VVR, which was pretty dumb IMO.

He already fooled the former LAS customers by jumping off early enough and staying clear of the final disaster. The fact is that everybody went by false customer numbers which he provided. 

Just before being exposed he declared the MV Gemini as not up to the task and threw a wrench into this whole thing. It enabled him to officially leave LAS before the crap hit the ceiling. But he was the very origin why LAS failed. They may have failed eventually anyways but he definitely sped the whole thing up. 

I really would like someone to ask him publicly why he declared the MV Gemini as not good enough but her sister ship is?

Edited by Travel_Around_The_World

2 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

How does administration works? In the US in chapter 11 all business non essential stuff is being trimmed down and assets (including labor) is being routed towards essential business i.e. current contracts and obligation because those areas are cash producing. 

I believe it is similar, but if the company has stated it won't have any money in a few weeks (obviously no accounts receivable by then), then even with layoffs they may not be able to continue to pay their workers.

1 minute ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

One has to wonder if VVR has been current paying for the repairs.  Even if they were- there may be some funny business with H & W- ie. they were paid but haven't paid their suppliers, employees, or shipyard fees.  The plot thickens and there is bound to be some buck passing.

Not sure what you mean by "funny business" with H&W?  Who hasn't paid their suppliers,etc?  H&W or VVR?  If you mean that VVR has not paid their employees or suppliers, then those debts go to the top of the receivership list, and they can also, any one of them, file for a bailiff's warrant and seize the ship.

35 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

I believe it is similar, but if the company has stated it won't have any money in a few weeks (obviously no accounts receivable by then), then even with layoffs they may not be able to continue to pay their workers.

Not sure what you mean by "funny business" with H&W?  Who hasn't paid their suppliers,etc?  H&W or VVR?  If you mean that VVR has not paid their employees or suppliers, then those debts go to the top of the receivership list, and they can also, any one of them, file for a bailiff's warrant and seize the ship.

What I was getting at (funny business) is that if VVR was paying directly to H&W- then H&W would in turn pay the suppliers and the employees.  Normally, contractors are just paid and they hire local plumbers, electricians, welders, etc.  Because H&W has had financial issues for many months- who knows if those employees and suppliers were paid by H&W.  Time will tell- but since VVR and H&W are both having financial issues- there may be some buck passing or blaming. 

Edited by rebeccalouiseagain
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

What I was getting at (funny business) is that if VVR was paying directly to H&W- then H&W would in turn pay the suppliers and the employees.  Normally, contractors are just paid and they hire local plumbers, electricians, welders, etc.  Because H&W has had financial issues for many months- who knows if those employees and suppliers were paid by H&W.  Time will tell- but since VVR and H&W are both having financial issues- there may be some buck passing or blaming. 

It all depends on the repair contract VVR signed with H&W.  If H&W bid on a specific repair, they will either use their own workers, or hire sub-contractors on their dime.  If H&W did not bid on the repair (something like renovating the hotel side, which most shipyards don't do for cruise ships), then VVR would hire their own sub-contractors, and pay them directly.

3 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

It all depends on the repair contract VVR signed with H&W.  If H&W bid on a specific repair, they will either use their own workers, or hire sub-contractors on their dime.  If H&W did not bid on the repair (something like renovating the hotel side, which most shipyards don't do for cruise ships), then VVR would hire their own sub-contractors, and pay them directly.

Yeah- there's been no work on the hotel side LOL.

1 hour ago, VL1 said:

Once this implodes, and it will, it will be a long time before folks will be willing to buy into an affordable residential ship.

Because the last two or three attempts companies half-assed it (can I say that? If not please edit mods). 

If there is a company who invests first and does not take deposits or pmts without having a ship first you may get the trust back.
Before even a sail date is announced there should be at least a ship financed (build or rebuild), ship yard for building or rebuilding announced, and have a real life estimate when the ship will come out for sea trials. 
You do not take anybody's money unless you have a firm launch date and not some wishy-washy crap VVR is doing or LAS did.