Villa Vie Residences

Host Jazzbeau

23 minutes ago, Charry_ said:

so I have an unrelated question. I am trying to understand how they are able to offer 15 years of no monthly fee rises. To me it says either that they are really over charging now to absorb future rises, or, they know they aren't going to be around that long so can make empty promises like that to get people to think they are getting a great deal. I mean, fuel, port fees, repairs, food, drink are all going to become more expensive over such a long timeframe. How will they cover those costs? Surely they can't be relying on segment passengers? 

No, just like any condo association, they will have to go to the owners eventually and ask for more money, or the ship will stop sailing, and the owners will lose their investment.  It's probably a combination of both overcharging now (which many condo associations do to build a contingency fund), and planning on rate increases regardless of any guarantee.  As I've said, a maritime lien (for unpaid fuel bill, for instance) can be "in rem", in other words, against the ship, and even if VVR went bankrupt, the residents, as owners of the ship would be liable, as the debt stays with the ship no matter who owns it, and they could see their investment seized and sold.

In my professional opinion, this whole mess, both Life at Sea and VVR, stink just about as bad as  the time share fiasco. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chengkp75 said:

No, just like any condo association, they will have to go to the owners eventually and ask for more money, or the ship will stop sailing, and the owners will lose their investment.  It's probably a combination of both overcharging now (which many condo associations do to build a contingency fund), and planning on rate increases regardless of any guarantee.  As I've said, a maritime lien (for unpaid fuel bill, for instance) can be "in rem", in other words, against the ship, and even if VVR went bankrupt, the residents, as owners of the ship would be liable, as the debt stays with the ship no matter who owns it, and they could see their investment seized and sold.

In my professional opinion, this whole mess, both Life at Sea and VVR, stink just about as bad as  the time share fiasco. 

You are right

19 minutes ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

I've repeatedly asked Johan and Lanette if they are "founders" and they probably don't like me, but haven't answered.  Why?

I am sure they are. According to the last video they paid their deposit in June/July of 2023 before VVR was even a business (August 2023). Only friends or investors/founders (or both) would do that. But they won't admit to that. It would skew their 'objectivity' they are publicly trying to display. 

The wild part is that they are talking about the ongoing trial and already give details about it. The only way you have such an information pipeline is to be a founder or friend (or both). 😅

Edited by Travel_Around_The_World

So, I am counting 6 or 7 companies which failed over the last few years founded by Mike. One was called Seven Seas Residences and preceeded Life at Sea and VVR. 
Of those business most were disolved by the State of Florida. At least one of them (next to VVR) is still active (FOURNEAU MANAGEMENT LLC) and is/was sued by Life at Sea and Miray.

22 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

or they willingly and intentionally misinform. 

Couldn't edit this post anymore:
Johan responded to my comment on YT. The typical "We really don’t owe anyone an explanation but here goes. " and then going into a lengthy explanation.

Now I have two choices: respond to it appropriately with proof which would expose myself and some of my friends or just let it sit and wait until the end and then do a complete rundown with pics.

Part II of Jenny's interview is up:

An interesting thing she said is that after a short time at a nice hotel, VVR stopped paying for and booking their hotels directly and some residents were given a per diem amount to be reimbursed later but others continued to get their hotels paid for. If I were in the former group, I'd be pretty pissed that other people were getting their hotel paid for when I wasn't.

She also said that a ton of residents were planning to embark in Miami for insurance reasons. But I don't see any port in Florida on the detailed itinerary until the end of the cruise. Was this a port that was canceled due to the delays?

42 minutes ago, Travel_Around_The_World said:

Couldn't edit this post anymore:
Johan responded to my comment on YT. The typical "We really don’t owe anyone an explanation but here goes. " and then going into a lengthy explanation.

Now I have two choices: respond to it appropriately with proof which would expose myself and some of my friends or just let it sit and wait until the end and then do a complete rundown with pics.

So you have the inside scoop cool.  The fact that Johan and Lanette have answered every question (from both cheerleader and naysayers) but just can't answer a simple question "Are you founders" tells me that yes- they are.  Another source said they are founders but was looking for confirmation.  So Johan and Mike are buddies- maybe didn't know each other until this venture but they are buddies- and I'm sure Mike used the "hey, we are both Swedish" thing to cultivate the relationship.  Johan and Lanette- if founders have spent a lot on this venture and have a vested interest to make sure it succeeds.  So they have to protect this investment and definitely signed some sort of NDA.  First rule of VVR is don't say anything "proprietary" about VVR.

1 hour ago, rebeccalouiseagain said:

So you have the inside scoop cool.  The fact that Johan and Lanette have answered every question (from both cheerleader and naysayers) but just can't answer a simple question "Are you founders" tells me that yes- they are.  Another source said they are founders but was looking for confirmation.  So Johan and Mike are buddies- maybe didn't know each other until this venture but they are buddies- and I'm sure Mike used the "hey, we are both Swedish" thing to cultivate the relationship.  Johan and Lanette- if founders have spent a lot on this venture and have a vested interest to make sure it succeeds.  So they have to protect this investment and definitely signed some sort of NDA.  First rule of VVR is don't say anything "proprietary" about VVR.

Inside really only on Mike's and Kathy's past. That's where it ends.